Advertisements
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bespoke Suits and other items

One of the Regulars

Bespoke Suits and other items

Advertisements
    For those that are in NJ (or don't mind shipping) I have found one of the best custom tailors.

As a little background, I spent several months looking for a tailor that would make me a bespoke suit.
    I am not new to this process and have never been totally pleased with the outcome.

Finally, I found Carlos at Summit Tailors in NJ, http://www.summittailors.com/. I can personally attest to the quality and attention to detail that he puts into his suits.

His suit is one of my best fitting garments; fits like a glove!

I will post pics when I have time.

Wow, that website has almost no info - no photos of finished garments or fabric swatches, no prices, lots of empty pages. I'd be interested to see some pictures and hear how the process went and what the prices were.

One of the Regulars
    @carldelo:you are correct. Carlos informed me that the website is new ans is just up and running and he will be adding content. I will post some pics of the dark blue pin stripe suit he made for me. It took me 2 visits, the first for measurements and then the second for final alterations before the suit was ready. He was extremely thorough. You also get to choose the liner and an inscription/name that he will stitch inside the suit. Like I said, I will post some pics so you get a better idea .

One of the Regulars
    Here are some pics of the suit that Carlos made for me. I have to apologize because I could not get anyone to take any pics with me in the suit, but this should give you an idea. I can tell you that this is one of the best suits I have ever had and I will definitely have him make me another one.
    http://s1175.photobucket.com/albums/...nt=Suit009.jpg

One of the Regulars

Well, it looks good I guess. Hard to be more positive without seeing how it looks on a person.

Two questions:

What are his prices?

Does he already know how to craft vintage details such as high hollywood waists, rope shoulders, pleated pockets, belted backs, high armholes, etc.?

One of the Regulars
    @carldelo: I will try to post some pics of me wearing the suit as soon as I can.

One of the Regulars
    @resort: I can only tell you what I paid for the suit I posted above, it cost me $1,100, but that was a year ago and as I recall the fabric was on sale. I don't want to quote his prices so you should contact him directly, but I will say I have found Carlos to be very reasonable.

As for your vintage questions he probably can, but I would contact him directly.
    Last edited by dmdmorris; 04-01-2012 at 06:36 PM.