Thread: Pol Roger is my drink of choice regardless of the meal, event. Anyone else agree?

Pol Roger is my drink of choice regardless of the meal, event. Anyone else agree?

Am I the only one that would be happy if Pol Roger was the only drink left on Earth? I've tried everything under the sun, but I always end up back with my old partner.

Well, I've never even heard of it, so I suppose that answers your question.

I prefer Bollinger, but I wouldn't object to being left only with Pol Roger if it came to it.
    LordBest: An Englishman unlucky enough to be born in Australia.
    A rare specimen of the human sub-genus H. Homburgensis. Horrid little Royalist.

Nothing works for all occasions, not even champagne (of which Pol Roger isn't my favourite). What would life be without Burgundy wine - not to mention coffee? Bleaker, that's what.
    The Wartime Diet Experiment - one year of rationing

I lean to Veuve Cliquot...but tea is essential as well

Years ago I attended a dinner at Chateau Brissac where a different champagne was served with each course... magnificent! Of course, nothing beats a good cuppa tea at 4pm. My preferred champagne is the Roederer l'Ermitage, and tomorrow night I will crack open my last bottle of the 1999 vintage to share with friends before dinner.
    Last edited by Rathdown; 04-20-2012 at 07:07 PM. Reason: correct spelling error

I'm not a big fan of champagne, I prefer wine, but if I only had one drink left on earth, I pick whiskey!
    You must be shapeless, formless, like whiskey. When you pour whiskey in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour whiskey in a shot glass, it becomes the shot glass. Whiskey can drip and it can crash. Be like whiskey my friend!