Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: Oil Cleansing Method

I'm going to try this too. I meant to make my own cold cream, but I haven't got all the ingredients and since I ran out of my usual cleanser, I figured I might as well give this a try. Got some castor oil today. Very curious as I really want to switch to homemade, eco-friendly hygien products altogether.
    The Wartime Diet Experiment - one year of rationing

Not too north, not too south; just right, in CA.
    Quote Originally Posted by sheeplady View Post
    I don't know if you've already tried this, but Castor Oil is sold as a laxative in the US in most pharmacies, so it is typically on the bottom shelf of the laxative section. I realize you are an ocean away, but if I went into any store in the US and said I wanted Castor Oil, they probably would say the same thing about not selling it.
    Castor Oil is used as a topical treatment by many acupuncturists and herbalists. This is the brand that's sold around here and I use it as a skin softener. For me it works best after a shower, and I also use a drop on my toes and heels to keep them from appearing dry when they're exposed in shoes. It's unscented and the viscosity (I hope I'm using this word correctly) is thicker than say, massage oil.
    "Waiter, will you serve the nuts? I mean, will you serve the guests the nuts?"

OK, after doing the OCM for a few days, I have to say that so far I'm liking it. No outbreak of anything, I think it looks like it cleaned up the pores pretty well and I feel soft and smooth. I was meaning to make my own cold cream but right now I'm thinking I might stick with this instead. Or alternate, maybe?

Here, they have castor oil in all health/herbal stores. Typically they have almond, jojoba and castor. I got it from the shop right around the corner (and then the man gave me a sample of a laxative powder so lord knows what he thought I wanted it for ).
    The Wartime Diet Experiment - one year of rationing

I dont know if anyone posted this yet but Coconut Oil works very well for oil cleansing.

Oil Cleansing Method.

Has anyone tried it?

http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

My skin is absolutely awful at the moment! It is never clear but has just gone crazy lately. I have been using Liz Earle for a while but it hasn't made much difference at all.

It sounds good but many of these things do!

I would just love to be able to have nice skin and to leave the house without foundation!

One of the Regulars Retro_GI_Jane's Avatar
    A whole thread right here: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showt...eansing-Method

I actually have dropped it now that it's warmer weather, so my cold cream and baby oil sits for days when I'm wearing make-up but in this past winter, my skin had a noticeably different appearance and just felt all around better too.

Thank you!

I don't know what I do wrong when I search!

Also tempted by salicylic acid .....

One of the Regulars therizyflapper's Avatar
    i love the OCM its amazing iv been doing it for a bit over a year now the best thing i could have ever done for my skin

One of the Regulars therizyflapper's Avatar
    Iv use the OCM for 2 years now and love it, i used to have awful skin and now i don't need to wear any foundation its a great method

My Mail is Forwarded Here Miss 1929's Avatar
    Already a thread for this with hundreds of replies...

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showt...eansing-Method

I tried it, hated it.