Thread: Stone's Ginger Joe

My Mail is Forwarded Here DanielJones's Avatar

Stone's Ginger Joe

I was wondering if anyone here has tried this beverage and what they thought of it? Plus is it possible to get it in The States?

It piqued my interest since I enjoy ginger drinks and thought this one interesting.

Cheers!

Dan
    "If you believe everything you read, better not read." - Japanese Proverb

Hi Dan

Is a Ginger Ale, or a Ginger Beer? Oddly enough, I love most Ginger Ale and can't stand Ginger Beer.

Later
    Mike

Groucho Marx said it best:
    “Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying all the wrong remedies.”

It appears to be a 4%bv alcoholic ginger beer. Not seen it in the shops though I see Tesco sells the stuff.

I've had a few bottles of the Crabbie's version which has been going for a few years. Quite nice as a summer drink when chilled but couldn't drink many of them! Not the strength, just a bit claggy tasting for me.

Gareth

Quote Originally Posted by 1961MJS View Post
    Hi Dan

Is a Ginger Ale, or a Ginger Beer? Oddly enough, I love most Ginger Ale and can't stand Ginger Beer.

Later
    Assume you don't have a sweet tooth, then? IME, the biggest difference is that ginger beer tends to be much sweeter. I prefer the latter myself, but I like both. Also my mixer of choice with whiskey, rum, and gin.
    If in doubt - overdress.

Vivienne Westwood

Lidl have a good range of Crabbie's booze at the moment - Ginger beer, Orange-Ginger beer, ginger wine, ready mixed whisky Mac, and something else that escapes me at the moment. Bargain prices - but I should say that the ready mixed whisky Mac (17%) is a pale comparison to a properly done one. My mixer of choice being  ginger wine when used in a 50-50 ratio :-)
    "The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind." H. P. Lovecraft