Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does this fedora look right on me?

Hybrid View

New In Town

Does this fedora look right on me?

Started my journey into fedoras a few months ago with a wool felt and have since upgraded to this beaver brand custom fur felt. I am new to these hats and am still finding myself self conscious and don't know if the fedora hats suit me. The hat is very nice, and you all look great in your hats.. It also doesn't help that My wife says this hat looks too tall on me. Is the crown too tall, or is something just not working for me? I am not looking for compliments just straight feedback. should i try something different? I am 6' tall and thin dunno if that messes with my wifes head or not.

Looks perfect. Maybe a little tilt would help. Add a splash of confidence. Easy way to get that confidence, go out and wear it around town for a while, and dig the reactions you get.
    "Hello. I'm Mr. Hardy, and this is my friend, Mr. Laurel."

"A List" Customer cybergentleman's Avatar
    I agree. Looks sharp.

Being slowly digested inside "The Crouching Monster"
    if anything you would suit a higher crown. Your wife's suggestion of it being too tall is just because she's not used to seeing you in such a hat.

bk
    There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide. All the rest . . . comes afterwards. Albert Camus

http://baronkurtzvintage.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Kurtz View Post
    if anything you would suit a higher crown. Your wife's suggestion of it being too tall is just because she's not used to seeing you in such a hat.
    bk
    I agree, and also IMO the shape of your face lets you even pull off using a smaller brim, like 2 1/4 or even 2 inches. But this one looks fine on you.

"A List" Customer Grizzly Adams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Kurtz View Post

bk
    +1

The hat looks good on ya! Enjoy and be confident, Amigo!
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a vet.

Quyana cekneq, Neva

Toady Hat Pins

The hat style & shape looks good on you. One thing that seems to throw off the picture a tad is the pinch isn't in line with the center of your face. It looks to be off to one side. When I crease open crowns, I use a paper clip to mark put on the ribbon directly in line with my nose so I get the pinch lined up. Should not be too hard to tweak that pinch to line up better....
    Deputy Swoopy, Crease Police - Mounted Division, Fedora Bureau of Investigation - Icon Defender
    Hard to be an outlaw when you're not wanted any more!
    WAR = What is it good for?

Looks good on you.
    If anything a slightly shorter brim might work.
    Just wear it and soon you will not want to leave the house without one.
    RBH

__________________________________________________ _____________________________
    ''We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be!
    When you side with a man, you stay with him!
    And if you can't do that, you're like some animal, you're finished!''
    *Pike Bishop- 1913*

I'll Lock Up
    Quote Originally Posted by RBH View Post
    If anything a slightly shorter brim might work.
    Agree.
    Aureliano-

Domingo, ponte el sombrero y vamos.

Looks good. My wife loves my hats with taller brims, but it did take her awhile to ge used to it. If you have access to Turner Classic Movies, get her to watch some films from the 30s and 40s. She'll fall in love with hats, I could almost guarantee it. Start with films starring Humphrey Bogart, James Stewart, Gary Cooper, William Powell. I think there are some threads on great hats in films here on the lounge. Most importantly, wear your hat(s) all the time---at home and while you're out.

On that particular hat you're wearing in the pics: you might try steaming the two side dents and then increase the size of them---almost down to the brim. I recently got a hat with that type of pinch and I immediately modified those dents. It looked like a forest ranger's hat when I first go it.
    Last edited by jbucklin; 04-12-2012 at 06:29 AM.