Advertisements
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The best face powder in the world!

The best face powder in the world!

Advertisements
    Ladies, I have another question for you! what is your favourite face powder? And what powder do you use when you don't put a foundation or base on your face? Let's share our experiences in the powder world!

The reason I ask is because I'm running out of my powder and I have to decide which one to purchase.

Here is my story: Over the years I tried different powders and nothing seemed to work for me. All powders were too visible on my skin eveb if I put only a small ammount of it. I try not to use any bases or foundations because I believe they cause premature aging and I already have quite too many wrinkles for my age. I also have very dry skin but it breaks out easily if the prodsucts I use are even a little bit oily.

Two years ago I purchased this magnificent Estee Lauder Lucidity Translucent Loose Powder in Light and it turned out to be the only powder that didn't look if I put tonns of powder on my face (even if I put a lot of it). I really love it, but it doesn't does not provide a lot of coverage and I have to use a consealer when I have some imperfections.

I've read some good reviews on Jane Iredale pressed powder and loose mineral foundation. Have you trie them? Do you think I should try one of them or stick to my Estee Lauder powder? Will they be too heavy for my skin? Or may be you will recommend something else for me? I need HELP ladies!

One of the Regulars ThemThereEyes's Avatar
    If you like Lauder's powders but want only a little bit more coverage, have them try the DW Mineral powder on you. If you use a fluffy brush, you'll get light coverage.
    I personally like Besame powder over my complexion products when I want more coverage, or with just concealer if I want lighter coverage. For loose powder I like the older formula of Guerlain Meteorites (the new one breaks me out).

I use a powder as well. Benefits Hello Flawless. You can put on with the brush for a sheerer effect or with the sponge for more coverage.

I don't use a liquid because I flush and the powder hides it.

One of the Regulars katiesparkles's Avatar
    Love Coty's Airspun powder And I also enjoy MAC's Studio Fix+ Powder for touch ups or when I don't want to wear my liquid foundation!

My absolute favourite is Art Deco's Silk Touch loose powder. I use it over a bit of Lush's Jackie Oates mixed with moisturiser.
    Look your best - who said love is blind?
    Mae West

One of the Regulars katiesparkles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliet View Post
    My absolute favourite is Art Deco's Silk Touch loose powder. I use it over a bit of Lush's Jackie Oates mixed with moisturiser.
    I wish Art Deco was available in the US!!!
    Love everything I tried from them!

I use coty airspun translucent facepowder. Still happy with it.

I use Coty Airspun and Clinique blended loose powder. Love them both!

Katiesparkles, oh, I can commiserate! I've been recently informed that I can no longer order Yardley of London EDT from the UK, because aerosols are not shipped to the continent anymore, safety measures being what they are.
    I'm pretty nervous about the Art Deco Dita collection, afraid it won't be available here in Nowhere Land because of low sales But I plan to get it ALL.

What I forgot to add about powders - I recently started to apply a bit of dusting powder over my tinted moisturiser. I've seen people recommend this, so I gave it a go (despite some misgivings!), and am actually rather pleased with the results. In fact, between this and the daily cold cream cleansing my pores look their best as of yet, and it really contributes to the vintage look.
    One thing - it has to be a really fine dusting powder
    Look your best - who said love is blind?
    Mae West

One of the Regulars therizyflapper's Avatar
    i know it sounds funny but i love to make my face powder out of rice powder, white kaolin clay, and eggshell powder. it give me flawless coverage and i don't have to worry about whats in it. And it very sheer so i don't look like a barbie haha