Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The best face powder in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by fortworthgal View Post
    ^ I do that too! Sometimes I just open the container & take a whiff. I also do this with cold cream... I know, I'm a total weirdo.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one.... I've got half a container of Jergen's on my vanity that's only purpose is to have me smell it before bed.
    "The apple cannot be stuck back on the Tree of Knowledge; once we begin to see, we are doomed and challenged to seek the strength to see more, not less." - Arthur Miller

You can still find the old cardboard Coty boxes on ebay, including some in off-the-shelf unopened condition.

I like Make Up For Ever's HD translucent powder used with a velour puff- press & roll.

I actually use baby powder which is scented talcum. Or pure, unscented talcum sometimes. It's light enough for my very pale skin and mattifies like nothing else. It doesn't give much coverage though, so I use a little concealer if necessary. I never wear foundation ever.

New In Town
    Lot of places sell it online amazon, ebay, vermontcountrystore etc
    I like the lavender .
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliet View Post
    Katiesparkles, oh, I can commiserate! I've been recently informed that I can no longer order Yardley of London EDT from the UK, because aerosols are not shipped to the continent anymore, safety measures being what they are.
    I'm pretty nervous about the Art Deco Dita collection, afraid it won't be available here in Nowhere Land because of low sales But I plan to get it ALL.

What I forgot to add about powders - I recently started to apply a bit of dusting powder over my tinted moisturiser. I've seen people recommend this, so I gave it a go (despite some misgivings!), and am actually rather pleased with the results. In fact, between this and the daily cold cream cleansing my pores look their best as of yet, and it really contributes to the vintage look.
    One thing - it has to be a really fine dusting powder

New In Town
    I have this product but for the compact. definitely mattifying and cools down redness, doesn't give me any reactions (thank goodness).
    Only downside is violet compact doesn't play well with my spf powder, strictly for night time
    I really do love this product the scent is nice- not overwhelming and it fades.

Quote Originally Posted by bunnyb.gal View Post
    This is a new offering from Besame which sounds really intriguing (plus I'm a sucker for anything violet-scented):

http://www.besamecosmetics.com/produ...-Powder/pID-25

New In Town
    Mac studio fix is my favorite powder in nw20

I hadn't used powder in years before trying Palladio Rice Powder. It does a beautiful job.

I've been using Gabriel cosmetics face powder and loving it! I apply it with a brush (it's foundation/powder). It is light feels great, and doesn't appear caked on at all. Usually I can make it through a whole day without touching up, unless the lovely CA sunshine gets to be too much. As far as coverage goes, applying it with the sponge provided would allow the foundation aspect to work much more effectively.
    If you can make a girl laugh you can make her do anything.
    Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by fortworthgal View Post
    I use Coty Airspun and Clinique blended loose powder. Love them both!
    Same here! it was good enough for my Grandma so its good enough for me
    " A man has his clothes made to fit, a woman makes herself fit her clothes"