Advertisements

Thread: Leather 'car coat'

Leather 'car coat'

Advertisements
    Got this yesterday, not vintage but vintage perhaps in style, to my eye it seems quite similar to the Aero 'Teamster'(not suggesting it's as good BTW)but without the half belt and a different cuff finishing.
    It's branded as Ciro Citterio and I guess it's early 90's? I know they had shops in my town and were a competitor to the Next chain certainly in my day, you went to either for clothes if you could afford them and to have any of theirs BITD was an achievement.
    I believe they were an offshoot of one of the old school British high street retailers or am I wrong?
    Quality wise it's well made of thick and fairly firm goat? skin it feels too firm and not supple enough for lamb/sheepskin.
    lining is a heavy-ish cotton as is the pocket linings,
    there are two internal pockets one zipped and one unzipped

and a couple more; cuff detail
    side adjusters, though there are only one button on all adjusters...I may change all the buttons and add extras for the two side and cuff adjuster tabs.

Nice Jacket.

"A List" Customer
    Quote Originally Posted by esteban68 View Post
    Got this yesterday...It's branded as Ciro Citterio and I guess it's early 90's? I know they had shops in my town and were a competitor to the Next chain...I believe they were an offshoot of one of the old school British high street retailers or am I wrong?
    Ciro Citterio took over the premises of what had been Dunns, but by 1990 Dunns had ceased to function under their previous (and worthwhile) dispensation and had amalgamated with Hodges. The new Dunns did not last long, and the successor firm was not highly regarded and no longer trades.
    Nonetheless, that is a fine jacket, though to me it's difficult to see whether it's a jacket-equivalent or a topcoat-equivalent - somethng of a hybrid style.

it's kinda strange as it is sized as a M medium, however I am a dead on 42" it's a loose fit (not too much) with just a long sleeve shirt on but with a merino sweater over the shirt it's just fine and it fastens just right...god only knows how they sized stuff?
    I guess it would make sense for it to be sized for a M/40" with a jacket underneath, so could genuinely be made as a 'car coat'?
    Last edited by esteban68; 04-15-2012 at 12:18 PM.

One of the Regulars Equality 7-2521's Avatar
    Very nice jacket and yes it does have a resemblance to the Teamster .

Call Me a Cab
    Looks like a car coat to me and a very nice one.