Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yet another Aero Hercules

One of the Regulars
    Feltfan,
    I generally go for Brown FQHH but that black one is the best black hide I have seen! You have got me thinking now!
    Lovely jacket enjoy it!

D

Quote Originally Posted by bretron View Post
    Maybe I should just go ahead and wear my vintage Langlitz Crescent then. Been holding out till I can get the sleeves shortened up about an inch, cause the sleeves are about the same length as Feltfan's Hercules...you've all opened up my horizon!

Then again, it's practically mint, so I'm hesitant to wear it like it should... Yeah, I know, jackets are meant to be warn... Blah blah blah
    Wear it.

Remember that motorcycle jackets are supposed to have longer sleeves. They are
    cut to cover your wrists when you are reaching forward for the grips.

Thanks to all and here's hoping I didn't cost Davy Crockett too much money...
    I will post more pix as it breaks in. Right now it looks a bit like aluminum foil, with all of its
    crinkle creases.
    Personally, I would never want to be a member of any group where you either have to wear a hat or you canít wear a hat.

"A List" Customer
    Looks good, and I like how removing the side pockets has cleaned up the design too.

And it'll be even better after some general abuse.

Familiar Face
    Quote Originally Posted by Graemsay View Post
    Looks good, and I like how removing the side pockets has cleaned up the design too.
    Yes. I've always loved the detail on the front of the Herc, but I am turned off by the patch pockets. This jacket looks fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by feltfan View Post
    Right now it looks a bit like aluminum foil, with all of its crinkle creases.

Quote Originally Posted by feltfan View Post
    I will post more pix as it breaks in.
    Well.... let's see it!

It *is* summer... even in the SF Bay Area we don't get *that* much wear from leather jackets
    in the summer. But I'll see what I can do this weekend. Just for you, I'll put it on now and smoke
    a cigar.
    Personally, I would never want to be a member of any group where you either have to wear a hat or you canít wear a hat.

Great looking jacket. Not that often you see this model, IME (as compared to the Thirties Halfbelt). I did bid on one on eBay a while back which was part leather (sleeves and yolk / collar, if memory serves) and part wool. Lost out, maybe as well given bank balance at the time! How's the fit? Looks a bit less snug than a Thirties Halfbelt, more like the Fifties model and the Bootlegger?
    If in doubt - overdress.

Vivienne Westwood

"A List" Customer
    I believe that the Hercules is based on the Fifties Halfbelt pattern. Mine also has the quilting lining that the earlier models had, which probably takes it down a size. (i.e. it's tagged a 50, but fits closer to a 48.)

Aero's sizes at the upper end of the scale tend to be quite boxy, rather than the more fitted look of the smaller jackets. Mine always tend to be quite loose around the waist.

I believe that the Hercules is based on the Fifties Halfbelt pattern. Mine also has the quilting lining that the earlier models had, which probably takes it down a size. (i.e. it's tagged a 50, but fits closer to a 48.)Aero's sizes at the upper end of the scale tend to be quite boxy, rather than the more fitted look of the smaller jackets. Mine always tend to be quite loose around the waist.
    Agreed. I think the "assumption" is "fat American", hence the VAT If you're not gut-laden, you need to stress that in your order, although the measurements should do that on paper.

"A List" Customer
    Is that the Very Ample Torso charge that Aero make?

British clothing manufacturers generally assume that anyone taking an XXL size is going to be morbidly obese, and cut their cloth accordingly. My brother, who is known to rock a belly, complains about this.

I'm wanting to get a Cafe Racer in the not too distant future, but I'm planning on knocking a chunk of weight off first. Hopefully I'll be able to convince Aero to build one that fits like Alex's.

I believe that the Hercules is based on the Fifties Halfbelt pattern. Mine also has the quilting lining that the earlier models had, which probably takes it down a size. (i.e. it's tagged a 50, but fits closer to a 48.)
    Ah, then it would fit like my Bootlegger.... Worth knowing. The Hercules is one of the designs that isn't on my hit list per se, but if one came up on eBay at the right price.... (famous last words, I know..). I do like the fit of my Bootlegger a lot (Mostly standard with a couple of mods, specifically I has them put on the button cuffs rather than the regular plain cuff).

Aero's sizes at the upper end of the scale tend to be quite boxy, rather than the more fitted look of the smaller jackets. Mine always tend to be quite loose around the waist.
    Ah, I'm a 42 in everything of theirs. Not notice this issue, so I must fly in just below it. The only one I've ever not been able to live with in a 42 is the standard Aero MC. Gonig to have to sell that one on. Incredibly slim waist on it - narrower than my Thirties Halfbelt!!
    If in doubt - overdress.

Vivienne Westwood