Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What Jacket are you wearing 'this month?'

Mrs Otter just about understands my jacket habit and has even been known to comment the that is a nice jacket. But $350 for a pair of jeans, she would skin me and have me stuffed.

Didn't think this forum had any denim heads- I like the developing discussion!!

I currently have a pair of Skull 5010xx and Momotaros that have been in rotation for about 18mos. Both been soaked only once (when I first got em). The momos are starting to show awesome honey combing, and I can't wait till their first dip! Maybe next year? the Skulls I don't wear so much cause I keep debating about dumping them to help fund my next jacket!
    Last edited by bretron; 04-19-2012 at 07:02 AM.

And don't get me started on work boots!!

Incurably Addicted John in Covina's Avatar
    I osolate between my cloth A-2 and a leather A-2 styled from India.
    Blue Skies!

Due to the unseasonably warm weather... all leather is in dry dock. I've been wearing one of those light tan, cotton Cockpit A2's. I got this one cheap off the bay from a store that was going out of business.

Worf

Quote Originally Posted by Worf View Post
    Due to the unseasonably warm weather... all leather is in dry dock. I've been wearing one of those light tan, cotton Cockpit A2's. I got this one cheap off the bay from a store that was going out of business.Worf
    I got one too - but it's warmer than my A-1

One of the Regulars
    I have three pairs of IH..the 634S in blue and black and the new engineers. I soak the blue selvage in a bucket of cold water with woolite and then hang dry...keeps the indigo intact and makes them last longer. Otherwise they will only last about a year, with the hard use that they take. They are the only jeans that I like to wear (if it isnt too warm). They take on an excellent patina that is addictive...goes great with the right leather jacket. Wearing them right now for instance.

"A List" Customer
    You guys ever find that the IHs bleed too much? My car seats have a bluish tinge to them and some light shirts now have a indigo ring

It doesn't seem constant either. Sometimes they seem to quit bleeding so much and then other days there's indigo all over my hands.

So the weather finally made me able to wear my halfbelt for a bit.
    Its not exactly broken in, but the arms have gotten creases, and while they are still long - they look alot better now imho.

Im still not sure about the jacket, in a way I miss the belt, but i dunno. I also like the clean look.
    What I do love is the fact that its sooo much lighter in weight then the FQHH jacket and its very comfortable when its a little warmer.

Now the straps are strapped, so its a little more waisted, it doesn't show as much when the jacket is open tho.

I love the leather.
    i also love the Goodwear white t-shirt.

Practically Family
    Gorgeous jacket Griff, a lot of character developing. I like the fit, especially the sleeve length, as well.

The outline of the item in your left front pocket............industrial sized can of Copenhagen??

Regards,
    coffee