Thread: Aero Cafe Racer - Collar - Picture collection

New In Town

Aero Cafe Racer - Collar - Picture collection

Aero has made the cafe racer with various different collar types. They are all "mandarin" styled, but are coming in different lengths, forms and closing variants.

Please share pictures and help to build up a reference for orders.

What I got so far:

Dirtrider style:

"wide" 2-snap closure:

"narrow" 2-snap closure

Aero "Standard" collar:

"A List" Customer
    This is really cool - I didn't realize that they made so many variations on the Cafe Racer collar. I like the first and fourth options best.

Familiar Face
    I always feel like I'm choking when I button up the collar....

Familiar Face
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillyrib View Post
    I always feel like I'm choking when I button up the collar....
    ditto.

anyone know good ways to get these cafe racer collars to be more comfortable. as supple as the fox creek leather is, it still digs into my adam's apple when buttoned.... just keep rolling it?

Quote Originally Posted by jksu View Post
    ditto.

anyone know good ways to get these cafe racer collars to be more comfortable. as supple as the fox creek leather is, it still digs into my adam's apple when buttoned.... just keep rolling it?
    That was the same problem I had with my Aero Cafe Racer -- I had the standard collar and it was uncomfortable to wear buttoned -- painful in fact. I own a Fox Creek Grayson and a Schott 141 and the collars are more comfortable on those.

I have an Aero Cafe Racer in tan steerhide with the "standard" collar, and I've given up on snapping it shut. In fact I've worked on shaping it to be folded outward and away from my throat. It's just more comfortable that way.

This is the collar that we at Insurrection Apparel & Boots put on our off-the-rack Aero Cafe' Racer...

One of the Regulars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo1975 View Post
    This is the collar that we at Insurrection Apparel & Boots put on our off-the-rack Aero Cafe' Racer...

Could you please elaborate on how it's different to what Aero do as standard? It's a bit hard to see in the pics.
    Thanks,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by jksu View Post
    ditto.

With my jacket I wetted it with warm water and stretched it against the round edge of the sink in the bathroom. I held it in either side and really put all my weight on it as I slided it back and forth. I did it on both sides and it became alot better after that.

A word of caution since it potentially could destroy your jacket if it cracks or breaks or splits in the seam.
    Mine felt so sturdy and indestructible so I just gave it all I had, but leather CAN break so think about this and be careful.