Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Metro Felts - Styled in the Metropolis !!

  1. #1
    New In Town
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3

    Smile Metro Felts - Styled in the Metropolis !!

    I recently purchased a Counter Card advertising " METRO-FELTS , Styled in the Metropolis ". I have not found a word on Google about this brand and turn to you for help. Has anyone heard of this brand?????

    Thanks, Ron Hirsch of Plano, TX

  2. #2
    One Too Many job's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sanford N.C.
    Posts
    1,162
    Joshbru has a 1925 bowler made from them I think. http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showt...rby-Hat/page52
    Last edited by job; 04-21-2012 at 03:29 PM.
    John,


    No matter where you are.....That's the place to be.

  3. #3
    I'll Lock Up zetwal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by job View Post
    Joshbru has a 1925 bowler made from them I think.
    You can find it here in this thread (11.22.2010),

    http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?32818

  4. #4
    I'll Lock Up zetwal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,301

  5. #5
    New In Town
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3
    Thanks for the leads..I followed them and enjoyed the Derby on ebay and the slogans...I remember some myself. I grew up in the Bronx and my Dad was a manufacturing mens hatter and had a couple of stores. His label was Hurley Custom Hatter from Hirsch the Hatter. E 163 Street & on the Concourse at Fordham Road. Phil something from Brooklyn bought the Fordham store about 1958 and then a few years later my Dad bought 2 of the Jay Lord stores in Brooklyn in the early 1960's, unfortunately he passed away and I ran them until 1964-65 & closed them. I just wasn't cut out for the retail business.
    Anyway as I grow older I appreciate the look and the history. BY THE WAY...Anyone out there remember those stores in New York????
    Ron

  6. #6
    I'll Lock Up mayserwegener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    7,130

    m

    Fantastic! That was before my time (born 1961) but someone on here might remember. Also would be great to hear more about you and your father's time in the business.
    Last edited by mayserwegener; 04-22-2012 at 07:02 PM.

  7. #7
    My Mail is Forwarded Here Joshbru3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    3,848
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hirsch View Post
    I recently purchased a Counter Card advertising " METRO-FELTS , Styled in the Metropolis ". I have not found a word on Google about this brand and turn to you for help. Has anyone heard of this brand?????

    Thanks, Ron Hirsch of Plano, TX
    My Metro Felts derby is a great hat that seems to be very well made. There's really nothing that sets it apart from other derbies at that time, but it is a good hat. I would love to see pics of the counter card!
    "For all we know this may only be a dream. We come and go like a ripple on a stream. So love me tonight; tomorrow was made for some. Tomorrow may never come, for all we know." (Nat King Cole)

  8. #8
    New In Town
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3

    My Counter Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshbru3 View Post
    My Metro Felts derby is a great hat that seems to be very well made. There's really nothing that sets it apart from other derbies at that time, but it is a good hat. I would love to see pics of the counter card!
    I've been unable to figure out how to upload a scan to this site....Ron

  9. #9
    I'll Lock Up zetwal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hirsch View Post
    I've been unable to figure out how to upload a scan to this site....Ron
    Upload your pics to a host (such as photobucket). Then, copy and paste the IMG codes for the photos in question from the host into your Lounge post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •