Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternative lining for an A2

One of the Regulars

Alternative lining for an A2

Has anybody requested an alternative lining for their A2? I have an Aero Bronco Jerky Russet on order. At the moment its coming with the standard Mustard cotton lining. However, i really would like something a little different. I know it goes against the grain putting anything else in an A2 but has anybody done so? What did you go for? I have been looking at Aero's link to their supplier of Tartan cloths but with 500 choices its not an easy task to find one that will sit well with an A2 jacket. I reakon a muted brown/red might look ok. What do you guys think?

Thanks

Mark

Going back a few years Aero used to do a mustard brown spun silk lining for some jackets and a special edition red "Aces" silk lining.
    I had the mustard in one jacket and still have the red lining (see my avatar) both were very nice.

Now if you had a shiny black or green lining it would be quite authentic as a vet replacement! A red silk lining would be ok, but I know of several people who have such lining, but it has had a short life.
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Has anybody requested an alternative lining for their A2? I have an Aero Bronco Jerky Russet on order. At the moment its coming with the standard Mustard cotton lining. However, i really would like something a little different. I know it goes against the grain putting anything else in an A2 but has anybody done so? What did you go for? I have been looking at Aero's link to their supplier of Tartan cloths but with 500 choices its not an easy task to find one that will sit well with an A2 jacket. I reakon a muted brown/red might look ok. What do you guys think?
    I have an Aero Bronco on order too. I requested double lining. The outer layer is the stock one and for inner layer I requested something thin and warm but I didn't specified what. I guess Aero can chose an appropriate fabric better than me.

One of the Regulars leopardstyle's Avatar
    My Buzz Rickson came with a muted brown orange and I love it. Couldn't imagine my jacket without it.

One of the Regulars
    Thanks leopardstyle, muted orange sounds good. Amanda at Aero has told me there is only the Mustard and Rust linings available for the A2. Its not so much the colours that bother me rather the feel of the material i don't like. I considered (briefly) sourcing my own lining but not sure how practical/easy this would be. I guess i'll have to get used to Mustard!

Cheers for your feed back chaps

Mark

Practically Family Phantomfixer's Avatar
    I have always wanted a flannel type lining in an A-2. Something a tad warmer than the spec lining.
    "It is better to be down here, wishing you were up there, than up here wishing you were down there."

Just a thought, if they still have some of the alpacca they used in the B-10's, that is nice and thin but very warm.

How about lining it with sheepskin!
    Andrew