Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Original A2s from my Collection

Practically Family
    Hello Andrew;

You must have the most premier flying jacket collection on the planet.

Just fantastic. I always appreciate your pictures.

Regards,
    coffee

Nice collection Andrew, I reckon If I had that many I would be wearing them all the time. Do you wear them outside? War & Peace show etc?
    Hope to leave mine to my son when I'm 6 feet under. I just hope he has some interest in it, he's into what most young kids are at the moment, cars, beer, and girls!

Thanks chaps. I wear them to air shows and to other events, but not on a daily basis.
    Andrew

Got any old pics of jackets you no longer own? I love looking at them too. I have never had more than 4 originals, and never photographed them all, when I find the few pics I have I will post them on here.
    Had lots of sheepskins and a B15, a few G1s and a couple wartime versions M422A I think it was.
    Cheers, John

Quote Originally Posted by rocketeer View Post
    Got any old pics of jackets you no longer own? I love looking at them too. I have never had more than 4 originals, and never photographed them all, when I find the few pics I have I will post them on here.
    Had lots of sheepskins and a B15, a few G1s and a couple wartime versions M422A I think it was.
    Cheers, John
    Most of my pics are in this section of the FL. I also collect Irvins and B-3s. The closed Irvin thread contains many pics of my Irvins and the current open original Irvin thread has the later ones.
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by aswatland View Post
    Most of my pics are in this section of the FL. I also collect Irvins and B-3s. The closed Irvin thread contains many pics of my Irvins and the current open original Irvin thread has the later ones.
    Thanks, I'm sure I will spend many happy hours looking for them. I have also had a few Irvins and B3s plus an M445A that was my fave sheep jacket.

New In Town
    It's amazing, very impressive

Your Roughwear 27752 in seal brown is my favorite. Feel like I made the right decision ordering the Roughwear from GW.

New In Town
    aswatland,

Do you know anything about the patch on the no-name Doniger? I've seen that patch before in pics of my grandfather durin WWII. It's in a picture of him at flight school and I'd love to be able to identify it. Thanks for posting amazing pics of a truly superb collection.

Quote Originally Posted by jpholla10 View Post
    aswatland,

Do you know anything about the patch on the no-name Doniger? I've seen that patch before in pics of my grandfather durin WWII. It's in a picture of him at flight school and I'd love to be able to identify it. Thanks for posting amazing pics of a truly superb collection.
    It's an ATC patch-Air Transport Command, rather than a specific unit patch.
    Andrew