Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Avengers Assemble!

My Mail is Forwarded Here flat-top's Avatar
    LOVED IT!! I honestly don't think anyone could have done a better job with this. What could have been a big mess totally was not.
    VERY well done!
    "The future isn't what it used to be."~~Louis Cyphre

It's extremely awesome. I would have preferred that they shortened each of the big action setpieces a bit and used the time for more character interaction, but since that's Whedon's specialty, there's actually quite a bit of that too. It certainly includes the tropes and situations that traditionally made superhero teamups enormous fun, and it deftly manages to pause for serious emotional beats as well as being stuffed with huge amounts of action and comedy.

No time to post at length today, but I will get back to this at some later point. The main thing is, the film mostly avoids the storytelling pitfalls of a such a complex undertaking and succeeds as tremendous fun for anybody who loves Marvel's characters.

Note that there are TWO post-credits sequences! Be sure to stay to the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Strange View Post
    It's extremely awesome. I would have preferred that they shortened each of the big action setpieces a bit and used the time for more character interaction, but since that's Whedon's specialty, there's actually quite a bit of that too. It certainly includes the tropes and situations that traditionally made superhero teamups enormous fun, and it deftly manages to pause for serious emotional beats as well as being stuffed with huge amounts of action and comedy.

No time to post at length today, but I will get back to this at some later point. The main thing is, the film mostly avoids the storytelling pitfalls of a such a complex undertaking and succeeds as tremendous fun for anybody who loves Marvel's characters.

Note that there are TWO post-credits sequences! Be sure to stay to the very end.

Sweeet!

And thank you for the bit of post credit information. Definitely looking forward to this film.

I saw it last night but missed the post credit sequences because I went to the movies with people I don't usually go with and they wanted to leave. I was going to buy the disc when it becomes available anyway.

Anyway, this was probably the best super hero movie I've seen yet and I've seen most of them. Over 2 hours and I kept wanting more. Great mix of action, humor, and plot development. Even the character development, something I don't expect as much of in a movie like this, was more than adequate. It seems the more of these they make, the better they get at it.

Looking forward to The Dark Knight RIses.
    'There is a fine line between art and fondling.'
    - J.H.P.

I saw it at midnight Thursday/Friday. I absolutely loved it. I think it was the best superhero movie yet made.

What really struck me was that it was kinda the anti-Dark Knight. It proved that you don't have to be dark and gritty to make a fantastic superhero movie.

Also, wow that fight scene at the end. I am not normally that impressed by fight scenes (as opposed to, you know, characters and plots), but that one was simply beautifully made. I loved how it flowed and how he didn't use to much of the super close, shaky camera thing. I could actually follow what was going on, which is rare lately.
    Respectfully, if possibly sarcastically,
    John

And... South Pacific! Just outside of Philly!

Also, my Food Blog has posts again, so check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeps View Post
    I loved how it flowed and how he didn't use to much of the super close, shaky camera thing. I could actually follow what was going on, which is rare lately.
    Precisely why I can't watch 90% of modern movies. I was drug to see the Hunger Games and I thought I was going to be sick from the shaky camera movements. That and I counted literally 3 seconds of shot before each cut, it was that quick almost the entire movie.

Just returned....MAN it was good!!!!
    It was also cool to see Stan Lees cameo.
    RBH

__________________________________________________ _____________________________
    ''We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be!
    When you side with a man, you stay with him!
    And if you can't do that, you're like some animal, you're finished!''
    *Pike Bishop- 1913*

This film was a lot of fun and I highly recommend it! I cannot not get enough of Downey's Iron Man, so I really enjoyed those parts.

I also liked Steve Rogers' civilian wardrobe. It seemed right out of the LL Bean Signature catalogue. I especially liked his leather jacket.

Practically Family Doctor Damage's Avatar
    Great to hear this movie is a winner. One of my friends runs a computer gaming forum and reviews there have been universally positive too.
    "Do you need more oil, or are you greased up enough, honey?" - Sonny Crockett

This film is a crowning achievement! I loved every second of it, but most of all, I was wowed by Chris Evans portrayal of Captain America yet again.

What really made me smile was that when his character is in regular clothes, he wore high waisted trousers! I think little touches like that make a movie great!