I'm glad to know you all are a light-hearted crowd. The initial intent was to see where other loungers are in this whole business. I'm very interested/excited/curious to see what others own and hope to further my collection. I got started around January so I am brand new to this stuff but have already found quite a bit. With the closet size I have, some stuff will probably need to go before I can make room for others.
By the time I post again with an update, it may look very different!
Thanks for everyone's participation! It is fun to see what kind of collections others have!
Last edited by Red Leader; 05-13-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Reading through this thread makes me feel as though I'm depriving my wardrobe of needed nourishment!
So far, I have:
* 1 Black 2 piece suit with a 3/4 length edwardian (style, not age!!) jacket, always worn with additional waistcoat
* 1 Dark navy 3 piece suit
* 1 Harris tweed sports coat (light brown)
* 1 Keepers Tweed Hacking jacket (olive)
* 1 Dark navy cord blazer
* 4 waistcoats
* 1 (silver) Pocket watch (soon to be joined by another, gold this time, to go on my grandfathers 1918 18crt gold 'albert' watch chain...the other end of which has my great uncle's football medal on - he still holds the record for the fastest hat-trick scored in an international for England )
* 1 pair of brown brogue boots
* 1 Wool and cashmere dark navy overcoat
* 2 Fedoras - 1 much loved and battered green one for general wear (it rarely leaves my head) and 1 "for best" brown one which will be replacing the green as it enters retirement
* 1 custom made bottle-green duster coat
* numerous ties, socks and handkerchiefs
The rest is just "regular" stuff not worthy of mention....
ETA: new chocolate brown linen suit arrived this morning
Last edited by William Stratford; 05-26-2012 at 04:28 AM.
Whenever I open my wardrobe it seems like I have far too much, but counting it up I see that there's not actually that many suits, well, not a terribly huge number anyway... obviously I need to get more!
1x Black/Grey 2pc suit
1x Brown Double breasted suit
1x Blue Double breasted suit
1x Blue Double breasted suit
1x Brown 3btn single breasted suit
1x tan/beige 2btn single breasted suit
1x black 2btn single breasted suit
1x dark grey 2btn single breasted suit
1x brown 3btn tweed single breasted suit
1x dark blue 3btn single breasted suit
1x dinner jacket/tux
1x brown 2btn single breasted suit
1x light blue 2btn single breasted suit
1x dark blue 3btn single breasted suit.
Plus around 20(ish) 1940's/50's bowties and 50+ 40's/50's ties; 10 or so 40's & 50's shirts and a couple of pairs of trousers & an overcoat from the 50's.
Oh, and a large pile of tie clips/bars/cufflinks etc. from the 40's & 50's.
I do wear suits every day to work though, so need a few to be able to rotate them.
Two. I do hope they still fit when a funeral rolls around.
I own two suits. Both were custom made for me overseas. Unfortunately, I don't get to wear them that often.
I own a three-piece and a double-breasted one. But I have lot of sportcoat, both in wool or linen.
My body has not changed significantly in 15 years, + or -. I am 45 now and I can still wear a 42-44 R. So that said, 9 suits plus jackets.