Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: William Lennon workboots

William Lennon workboots

I looked for a vintage boot thread but couldn't find one but feel free mods to put it in the relevant place.

A while ago I saw on here some William Lennon boots, now I'd heard of the company before in passing and new roughly where it was( fairly near my hometown) after seeing the aforementioned boots on here I decided I'needed' some,indeed I really did need a new pair of work boots, so I phoned up about 7 or 8 weeks ago to see if I could visit the factory and see some boots and try a few pairs on for size etc.

On arriving I found a great little factory , it was like stepping back in time with lovely old machinery and old fashioned boots a plenty, I spoke to Dan who let me try on a pair of size 9 traditional work boots
    (78c that came with leather laces too)and they fit my UK 8 1/2 wide feet perfectly.
    I then ordered a pair in a size 9 but took an option of a nice mid/dark brown grained leather that 'faded' nicely when pulled/stretched, I also opted for a Vibram commando sole, I left a deposit and details and waited for a call.

I was phoned earlier this week and as I was passing I went to pick them up and was bowled over by them and a perfect fit!
    Here's some photos;
    Last edited by esteban68; 05-03-2012 at 01:19 PM.

and here's a few more pictures;
    they look different heights but it's just an optical illusion they are exactly the same height...
    I know they're not everybodys cup of tea but here's the Vibram soles remember these are to be a genuine worn regularly pair of work boots(not manual labour these days but worn for work still)

A few detail shots;

And a few more;
    I've walked to the village shop and back about 1/2 mile and driven 8 mils in the car to pick up the daughter and on both counts they are fine, for a work boot I am very impressed!

"A List" Customer St. Valentine's Avatar
    Wow, thanks for the head up! They really look nice and the prices of Lennon´s seem to be quite reasonable. The best is that they are within the EU, so no extra charges to pay. I guess I will order a pair soon...

Frank

I love anything with that Munson Army last style Popeye toe.
    Looking for my Emma Peel.

Matt Deckard Apparel
    Deckard's Guide

END OF LINE

I asked about resoling when they would need it and was told around £35.00...having them made in a different leather added roughly £30.00, total was around £140.00...I am already planning another pair or two.
    Time will tell with these but currently I cannot recommend them enough!
    Found a couple more pictures;
    Last edited by esteban68; 05-03-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Practically Family
    Canterbury and Burgess Hill, UK (former expat)
    Lennon's are renowed in the First World War living history community for the quality of their boots and the accuracy of their reproduction WWI ammo boots; as the company originally, in many ways they are less "repro" and more "a new run"

New In Town
    I have a pair of their WW2 ammo boots and they are fantastic quality.

hmm I probably 'need' some of those too or mountaineers boots with all the hobnails in etc!

Very nice the grain is fantastic.
    Have a pair of the Waxy tans myself, also had them make some of their cycling shoes in the same leather.