Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: B3 vs Irvin

One of the Regulars archbury918's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by

But, after seeing the discussion here, I find I'm now leaning towards a D-1. I find the minimalist simplicity of the design very appealing. As I'm 6'2'' and a size 50, I'll need to order one in my size from either Aero or Eastman.

[url
    http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=647[/url]
    nevada, take a look to this link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300706179762...84.m1438.l2649

dmd, here's another "greEdBay" link to review:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eastman-Leat...item3cc5f25c49

Thanks. The Aero D-1 is certainly worth considering, although it's one size smaller than I usually wear. It sounds like these jackets stretch a bit with wear and gradually mold to your torso's shape. The B-6 looks real nice. A couple of good catches, Arch.

Form my limited experience with lesser B-3's - they don't stretch like HH or Goat. I've been tempted to buy that D-1 myself (on ebay) but ask the B-3 guys here if it will stretch before pulling the trigger.

When it comes to fit, it's all in the shoulders. Thats where the B-6, M-422, G-1 give an advantage with their bi-swing design. You can get some freedom of movement in a slightly snug fit.
    Yes, leather in general, fleece in particular will stretch and conform with wear. That said, I wouldn't try to make something obviously small for my frame make work. You have to ask yourself, "how long do I want to try to make this fit?". Thats why in my perspective its critical to know your true size and how do you plan to wear it.
    Upper arms, chest, and even your belly will give some in fleece. The shoulders remain virtually unchanged.

These jackets we are discussing are military designed garments. By design they are meant to be close, smart fitting uniforms to be worn by fit individuals. The original specs call for a fit narrower in the waist than the chest. We want authenticity yet have to accept there are limits in compromising.
    When you try to push a limit you likely won't be happy.

My complaint in all of this is uniformity in tagged sizing. One maker will have a completely different fit from another. Your best weapon is to ask specific questions about measurements; and, hope the person taking them does it right!
    Last edited by archbury918; 05-08-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ButteMT61 View Post
    I've been tempted to buy that D-1 myself (on ebay) but ask the B-3 guys here if it will stretch before pulling the trigger.
    If I were you, I'd give it some very serious consideration. I really think you'd be happy with this style and its easily a $200 savings.

My gut instinct tells me a $775 offer would take it
    Last edited by archbury918; 05-08-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by archbury918 View Post
    If I were you, I'd give it some very serious consideration. I really think you'd be happy with this style and its easily a $200 savings.My gut instinct tells me a $775 offer would take it
    On...the...fence...

I don't mean to spend your money for you....... but can give you a push!!

(doubt you would have any trouble giving it a turn around sale if it doesn't work for you)

Quote Originally Posted by archbury918 View Post
    I don't mean to spend your money for you....... but can give you a push!! (doubt you would have any trouble giving it a turn around sale if it doesn't work for you)
    I get pushed way too often for my own good! I'm still battling the USPS as we speak for the money lost shipping a jacket in Feb. I'm doing detective work on this as it's shady as hell. But I'm out a chunk of change, so buying another jacket without that money returned is not likely. I'd love to get that D-1 - I've been looking for one for a couple years, and this one is just bad timing for me.

Sorry to hear you got screwed in a shipment. I've been lucky to date.
    I do hope it works out.
    I've learned reluctantly, that sometimes things just aren't meant to be. I do, though for you, hope you can swing this deal.