Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is this the best pea coat you've ever seen?

One of the Regulars leopardstyle's Avatar
    For me, the Jcrew style peacoats are not as cool. They just look a little to what's the word I'm looking for.. I don't know, soft I guess. What i like about issued ones is that they are rugged yet stylish. And further the shoulders have a nice bold shape to them. When you get into the jcrew the shoulders are just too narrow or saggy for the way a peacoat should look to me. What I would like to see is a peacoat cut like a mitary issue but simply made from more high quality fabric. I do own a navy peacoat and I like it. It backs up my A-2 on colder days.

Quote Originally Posted by leopardstyle View Post
    What I would like to see is a peacoat cut like a mitary issue but simply made from more high quality fabric. I do own a navy peacoat and I like it. It backs up my A-2 on colder days.
    You probably have one of the current issue pea coats. Nothing wrong with them, but he quality of the wool on the vintage models is about as high as can be had.
    Nothing matters much and most things don't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacoat View Post
    You probably have one of the current issue pea coats. Nothing wrong with them, but he quality of the wool on the vintage models is about as high as can be had.
    That's cool peacoat. And yes that's what I have. Any inside tips about where to grab a sweet one?

Quote Originally Posted by leopardstyle View Post
    That's cool peacoat. And yes that's what I have. Any inside tips about where to grab a sweet one?
    First read my sticky at the top of the first page of the Outerwear section. Then try eBay or Vintage Trends. If you get a prospect, I'll take a look at it for you.

Sounds good. Thanks man! It looks like the one I currently own, though I got it at a surplus store, might be phony, as it has the type of label listed under that section of your sticky. I wonder if just getting a real one would satisfy me. Real new one, and not necessarily vintage that is.

Call Me a Cab
    I' ve never liked these coats, but if you insist on getting one ( and I know there are some fans) make it a real one, not some sleazy fashion item.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Damage View Post
    I think it's better to buy a new Sterlingwear coat or a vintage coat. Both will fit much bigger, but when you hit middle age you'll be glad you bought the roomier coat since you'll still be able to wear it and it will seem like even better value when you get 20 or 30 years of wear from it rather than 5 or 10 years.

And let's get one thing straight: EVERYONE gains weight when they hit middle age!
    DR... still waiting
    vm

New In Town
    It's not bad if you're after a slim fit. I prefer a bit more room.

Call Me a Cab
    Quote Originally Posted by Seb Lucas View Post
    I' ve never liked these coats, but if you insist on getting one ( and I know there are some fans) make it a real one, not some sleazy fashion item.
    Sorry that came out a bit harsh - I should have written, Why get a fashion fake when you can get a real one?

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyre Master View Post
    DR... still waiting
    vm
    Vampyre Master, on your diet I wouldn't expect you to gain any weight at middle age. But then middle age for you may be 200 years.