Thread: What in Blue Blazers! Vintage Blazers 44-46

What in Blue Blazers! Vintage Blazers 44-46

What in Blue Blazers! Vintage Blazers 44-46
    1953 Mr. T style Blue blazer by Saks Fifth Avenue, tagged as a 44R.
    Very nice textured blue material, that is super soft to the touch. Two button, cool patch pockets, shallow rear vent, fully lined. Good condition overall, but several loose stitches in the lining and on the sleeve lining. Some wear holes in sleeve lining, but no holes or wear in exterior of the jacket. Really a classic 1950s jacket!
    Measurements:
    Chest measured flat: 24”
    Sleeves: 25
    Shoulders: 19
    Length: 30

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221079875735...84.m1555.l2649

Vintage Oxxford Blazer by Bullock and Jones in San Francisco, tagged at a 46. Two button, seems canvassed construction, lined, rear vent. Light to mid-weight material. In excellent condition, needs a cleaning (a couple of small white spots on left elbow, I would imagine these could come out easy with spot or dry cleaning).
    Measurements:
    Chest: 24
    Sleeve: 26
    Shoulder: 19
    Length: 32

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221079873732...84.m1555.l2649
    Last edited by Chasseur; 07-24-2012 at 01:49 AM.
    "His modest resources meant that he could dress no more than reasonably well, but he did so with a kind of faded elegance that ignored the dictates of fashion... the overall effect was of someone frozen in time, indifferent to the new fashions of the agitated age he was living through. The truth is that he took pleasure in this, for obscure reasons that perhaps even he could not have explained."
    -Arturo Perez-Reverte

Final weekend!
    "His modest resources meant that he could dress no more than reasonably well, but he did so with a kind of faded elegance that ignored the dictates of fashion... the overall effect was of someone frozen in time, indifferent to the new fashions of the agitated age he was living through. The truth is that he took pleasure in this, for obscure reasons that perhaps even he could not have explained."
    -Arturo Perez-Reverte

Bought the Saks 44.
    Simplicity never goes out of style, and never comes into fashion.

Thank you Fletch, it'll be off tomorrow!
    -Arturo Perez-Reverte

Final hours on the Oxxford blazer!
    -Arturo Perez-Reverte

Chasseur, the Saks blazer is here and it is a perfect fit and a thing of beauty.
    Feeling the softness, I wouldn't be surprised if it's partly or entirely alpaca.
    Simplicity never goes out of style, and never comes into fashion.

Fletch I am glad you like it! If it fit me a bit better I would have kept it, glad it went to a good (and eloquent) home!
    -Arturo Perez-Reverte