Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Best Night cream?

One of the Regulars ThemThereEyes's Avatar
    Fort Worth Gal, did you find it? The Vitamin Shoppe should have it, or perhaps the natural cosmetics section in H.E.B.

You know what? I haven't looked! I just haven't had a chance. I think HEB/Central Market or Sunflower Shoppe will have it, though.

Right now I have a couple of jars of other creams I'm trying to use up before I buy anything else. I've been using Lacura brand (Aldi) day & night creams, and I adore them for the price. Especially since Target no longer carries my beloved Boots Original Beauty line.

"A List" Customer MissNathalieVintage's Avatar
    That is awesome skullChick.

As for me my skin has gone into winter mode.

Winter skin care
    I am using the Cetaphil cleansing bar twice a day in the morning and before bed. In the morning I am still using a wet warm wash cloth to cleans my face and finishing off with cool water as mentioned in my previous post.

I had to quit using the rosehip oil. It dried out my face. And my nose broke out with a lot of red spots (pimples) this is the most sensitive area on my face. I always squeeze my spots. The only spots I do not squeeze are the under the skin pimples. My skin always heals without damage when I squeeze my pimples. My mom told me when I was a teenager I should squeeze my pimples. I recently did read in a 1930's beauty book as well as a 1940's Goodhouse keeping magazine stating that one should squeeze their spots. Whenever I squeeze my pimples they form into small scabs. I keep my face clean and moisturized while my spots heal. I learned this is the best thing to do for my skin. In order to heal my skin.

Also I do not use the hydrogen peroxide as often. I learned I only need to use the peroxide when my face becomes to oily and just one time until my face becomes to oily again.

Face scrub
    I use the Aveeno skin brightening daily scrub (that is the name) http://www.aveeno.com/facialcare/ski...ng-daily-scrub . This is the only face scrub that works for my sensitive combination dry and oily skin. I do not use the scrub all the time. I only use the scrub when my face is to dry and flakey no matter how much lotion I apply. And I use the scrub in the bath at night one time. If my skin is still to dry the next evening I'll use the scrub again at night. And will not use the scrub again until my face is to dry flakey no matter how much lotion I put on.

Face cream and night cream
    There is a new product Burt's Bee recently came out with and it is the best lotion I have ever used on my face. Its Burt's Bees new Sensitive skin care line. It absolutely worked for my very sensitive dry and oily skin. Which I bought from CVS. And a few Walgreens stores are starting to carry the Burt's Bees Sensitive skin care line.
    The only items I use from Burt's Bees new skin care line is the lotion and the night cream http://reviews.burtsbees.com/8993/56...ws/reviews.htm which is triple excellent (I do not work for Burt's Bees this is what worked for my sensitive dry and oil skin).

Body lotion
    I quit using the Queen Helene Cocoa butter creme, it started to clog my pores. I still using Pink Dandy lotion and Palmer's Cocoa butter line which always works on my very dry skin. Palmer's Cocoa butter line is a truly fantastic. I never have a problem with Palmer's Cocoa butter.
    Last edited by MissNathalieVintage; 09-13-2012 at 06:30 PM.

I normally have somewhat oily combination skin. I use cold cream to remove makeup, witch hazel for toner, and Nivea creme in the blue tin. I haven't had any oiliness and my skin is smooth and clear.

The best cleanser I use is plain almond oil with the hot cloth method. I have very dry skin but work in a grubby environment so get blackheads. It works wonders, is soothing, and because of the hot flannel, it steams my skin clean too. An no horrible additives either.
    I then use a bit of vaseline at night.

There's a thread here somewhere where we discussed this method in detail.

New In Town
    Hi Everyone! I hear ya and know what youíre going through. If I were to tell you my personal story about my complexion and all the products that Iíve tried it would be alarming. On the bright side here is a small list that I hope helps with night creams.

Syknn Iceland Detox Kit for Stressed Skin

Perricone Md has some nice products

Skin Ceuticals Renew Overnight is good if you are looking for moisturizing and a gentle exfoliate with anti-aging benefits.

The next Iím in love with The Miracle cream La Mer, the original moisturizer. Yes, it is pricy but worth saving for.

Remember samples, research, and gut instinct are the 3 best tools for finding your favorite moisturizers.

^ I found the original La Mer to be too heavy for my skin. It really reminds me of the blue Nivea tins as far as texture and fragrance. I suspect the ingredients are similar. However, I *love* La Mer Concentrate. Horribly expensive, though. I'm going through a bout of eczema right now and it definitely helps with the dryness.

Right now I'm using BabyGanics Bye Bye Dry baby wash and eczema baby cream on my face. Around $6 each at Walgreens, lots of good ingredients and very gentle. Intended for babies, but as I said I'm having issues (for the first time in my life!) with eczema and the pharmacist recommended these. So far so good!

New In Town
    That is why there are 2 categories either you are a La Mer Devotee or not one. Besides everyoneís complexions are as different as peoples personalities. That is why there are many products on the market.

Talking Ponds to the rescue

My skin has become very sensitive since menopause. I've found that any cream with wrinkle fighters or sunscreen will have my skin red, itchy and raw. The last time this happened I grabbed the Ponds and found it didn't burn or irritate my inflamed skin. I use Ponds cold cream to remove make up at night and then a nice application of the moisture cream. In the morning, I was my face with Dove sensitive skin soap just to get the left over mascara and gunk off my face and then it's Olay eye serum (which is ver soothing when the skin near my lash line is raw) and then the Ponds. I let it soak in and then apply my make up. So far, all is well and no issues. With winter coming here in the Midwest, the extra moisture will help keep my skin in great shape.

Since I can't use creams with wrinkle fighters/correctors, I have embraced my lines and wrinkles. They aren't that bad really and I think I look pretty darn good for "Double Nickels".
    The villagers are coming with pitch forks and torches....................Hide me.

New In Town
    Kiehl's Rosa Arctica. I've been using itfor about a month, and it's made a visible difference.