Advertisements
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aero J106 Order Plan

Aero J106 Order Plan

Advertisements
    Hi All

Well after my fantastic experience with an Aero Cafe Racer jacket I have decided to pull the trigger on a J106 motorcycle jacket before the pending price hike!

I've owned a few jackets in this style over the years, but at 6ft tall with a 'slim build' I find getting a good fit really difficult. I like the slimmer cut of this jacket, and by adding length to the body and sleeves I'm confident I'll have for I want - especially after my last order where Aero got the fit perfect for me.

Here's my planned spec - any thoughts?

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=199

Black
    Heavy Steerhide
    Black Cotton Drill lining
    Nickel Hardware
    Talon Zips
    Half length bi-swing back/shoulder bi-swing/bikers bi-swing
    1 G-1 style pockets in lining, snap closure
    Extra length on the sleeves and back to meet my height

-OW

At 6'1", you've gotta be very careful with the lengths...this jacket is the slimmest of all Aero jackets and therefore, the body and sleeve length have to be spot on...

Here's the jacket you've specified... Sorry for the camera phone photo...it doesn't do the jacket justice...

Thanks for the info! I was planning to base the back and sleeve length dimensions on a cafe racer I already have....
    Great photo - love the look of these jackets!

With FQHH it is my understanding that Talon zips have been problematic and would consider going with an Aero zipper instead of Talon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanch View Post
    With FQHH it is my understanding that Talon zips have been problematic and would consider going with an Aero zipper instead of Talon.
    Only certain types of Talon zippers... Other Talon zippers work just fine!

The real trick is the placement of the lapel snaps such that they don't rip the liner over time...
    Last edited by Mojo1975; 09-26-2012 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanch View Post
    Talons are hit and miss. I'd go Aero too, but that's up to each person. I listened to JanSolo on this and he was right. I've got some Talons that are great, some not. Some are NOS, some repro. The design sounds good Wilbur. Consider the satin/sateen in the sleeves.Also, I love a black/white checkered lining in moto jackets. Might really only be appropriate for the cafe racer set, but it's pretty cool. Yer never too old man!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo1975 View Post
    At 6'1", you've gotta be very careful with the lengths...this jacket is the slimmest of all Aero jackets
    What's the recommendation on Aero MC jackets re sizing? My Aero jackets are all a 42. This is a neat fit on me in the Thirties Halfbelt (as it should be). I'm having to sell a used Aero MC (the Perfecto type) in a Size 42 because although it's an excellent size for me over the shoulders (closer to my Bootlegger, actually, than the 30s Halfbelt), it is simply far too tight around the waist - fastened, it seems to be a good couple of inches neater than the Thirties Halfbelt. I've been eyeing a J106 for a long time, but I'm beginning to suspect I might have to go up two sizes from my normal 42 just to get into one??
    If in doubt - overdress.

Vivienne Westwood

One of the Regulars oneterrifichog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ButteMT61 View Post
    Talons are hit and miss. I'd go Aero too, but that's up to each person. I listened to JanSolo on this and he was right. I've got some Talons that are great, some not. Some are NOS, some repro. The design sounds good Wilbur. Consider the satin/sateen in the sleeves.Also, I love a black/white checkered lining in moto jackets. Might really only be appropriate for the cafe racer set, but it's pretty cool. Yer never too old man!
    How did I get into this? I have owned 2 Buco replicas from LW and they like this one from Aero are the cats meow; but too long for me. I think this is a really nice looking jacket though from Insurection/Aero.
    "Too Hell with the Expense Feed the Canary another Seed"

Sponsoring Affiliate Carrie @ Insurrection's Avatar
    I was working on taking photos for the website this past weekend and the photos of the J106 show how beautiful this D-pocket reproduction is...

Also, when you compare the J106 to an original Buco J-24, even one of the longer steerhide Buco J-24s, the J106 really holds its own...

Buco J-24 (photo taken at Insurrection Apparel & Boots, Seattle, WA)--

Aero J106 (photo taken at Thunderhill Raceway, Willows, CA)--

Last edited by Carrie @ Insurrection; 11-05-2012 at 07:54 AM.

New In Town
    Hello, everyone. My name is Mal and this ^^^ is my new jacket. I can't wait for it to get here. I've never wished for a weekend to hurry up and pass until now.
    Last edited by malligator; 11-12-2012 at 09:55 AM.