Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Aero J106 Order Plan

From my perspective...a relevent issue raised has now been diverted to only an unscrupulous attack on a new member(by other members) with vendor outrage posted into yet another sales promotion.
    A thread started about a member contemplating finalization of an Aero order was quickly transformed into another advertizement for someone else..and...by the vendor..themselves!
    I'm sure the intent is to get customers into a great fitting jacket extraordinaire...but with the strong suggestion not to question some of the tactics used to get there(in some cases) along the way. It's not a discussion that requires 'off forum' contact...but only members here who have noticed an 'on forum' way of how things have seemed to be done/advertized in the past. Simple as that.
    I'm sure 'we are not' talking about bad people here...but indeed those who are gracious and helpful when anyone becomes 'interested in their product'.
    The idea that new members..or even actual customers are under assault here is just ridiculous.
    HD
    Last edited by HoosierDaddy; 11-12-2012 at 04:37 PM.

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
    From my perspective...a relevent issue raised has now been diverted to only an unscrupulous attack on a new member(by other members) with vendor outrage posted into yet another sales promotion.
    A thread started about a member contemplating finalization of an Aero order was quickly transformed into another advertizement for someone else..and...by the vendor..themselves!
    I'm sure the intent is to get customers into a great fitting jacket extraordinaire...but with the strong suggestion not to question some of the tactics used to get there(in some cases) along the way. It's not a discussion that requires 'off forum' contact...but only members here who have noticed an 'on forum' way of how things have seemed to be done/advertized in the past. Simple as that.
    I'm sure 'we are not' talking about bad people here...but indeed those who are gracious and helpful when anyone becomes 'interested in their product'.
    The idea that new members..or even actual customers are under assault here is just ridiculous.
    HD
    HD, yours was one of the opinions that I relied on most when I was looking for my dream jacket. You most certainly seem to be one of FL's subject matter experts on leather jackets. That said, you intimated that I was a shill for Insurrection. When I told you my story in hopes that you'd realize I wasn't you continued with the indictment of Insurrection instead of bringing the conversation back to its original subject. You're just as guilty of this thread's transformation as anyone else.

I certainly don't feel assaulted, but my excitment has definitely been tempered by the outcome of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by malligator View Post
    HD, yours was one of the opinions that I relied on most when I was looking for my dream jacket. You most certainly seem to be one of FL's subject matter experts on leather jackets. That said, you intimated that I was a shill for Insurrection. When I told you my story in hopes that you'd realize I wasn't you continued with the indictment of Insurrection instead of bringing the conversation back to its original subject. You're just as guilty of this thread's transformation as anyone else.

I certainly don't feel assaulted, but my excitment has definitely been tempered by the outcome of this thread.
    I don't consider myself a jacket expert...but have learned a little along the way and found what works for me. My concern leading up to this thread was finally questioning just what was 'real' and what was not. Something that has been brought up somewhat in the past...but always left 'unanswered'. There was no intention to dash your excitement or bring it on you personally.
    Many here enjoy 'customers' from several jacket companies talking over their ideas for ordering new leather jackets...then the final plan realised. New jacket photos of the delivered goods adds to the enjoyment and helps shape other's ideas and desires.
    In my view..this thread had turned before I decided to comment. If this happens to every Aero jacket thread..they will end up only a certain vendors thread.
    No ..I surely didn't try to get the thread back on track. I plead guilty. I was more concerned about why and how they are taking this 'track'...and a little of past history maybe not noticed by some.
    HD