Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Denim Thread: Questions & Answers, Pics & Fits

One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by GriffDeLaGriff View Post
    I tried that years ago, it doesnt produce the same result.
    Sandpaper also cuts the fibers (even if its fine sandpaper) so you most likely will get holes in some places.
    Yes you can get holes the normal way too, but it just doesnt look the same.
    Depends how you do it, my friend. Just like hot water on an A2. Do it wrong and you f**k the jacket.

1000 grade sandpaper rubbed lightly on the fabric will not break any treads or cause holes. It will simply imitate the kind of wear you get by just wearing your jeans for a year.

But with no personal freshness issues

One Too Many
    Major I think with your know how and my elbow grease (and also my willingness to splurge) we could darn well win this competition!
    "Panicking is for amateurs and morons"

One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by schitzo View Post
    major i think with your know how and my elbow grease (and also my willingness to splurge) we could darn well win this competition!
    :d:d:d

Quote Originally Posted by majormajor View Post
    Depends how you do it, my friend. Just like hot water on an A2. Do it wrong and you f**k the jacket.

1000 grade sandpaper rubbed lightly on the fabric will not break any treads or cause holes. It will simply imitate the kind of wear you get by just wearing your jeans for a year.

But with no personal freshness issues
    I used 1200 paper. Maybe I took it too far. :P

However here is to show that it differs what you do during the day. I have been in school most of the time.

Tapered Sanforized IronHeart 634s
    Worn for almost a year and washed once.
    (they do look more cotrasty in real life tho, but not as yours all)

My Nudie (not selvedge) Deadstock Slim Jim Dry Japan
    Worn for a year and washed maybe 5 times after that.

And here is also my black coated. They develop shine due to the coating.
    As I said I had to wash them and after that they almost develop no shine because you wash away the coating.

Quote Originally Posted by injunjack View Post
    Ishmael, you can always take the arcs off, 5 min. job...And I agree on FH arcs. IH arcs have grown on me...

and I think I have seen similar arcs to MOTOR denim....on some very el cheapo low-end jeans, can't dig those, and further from Levi, the better, IMHO
    Good point. Hadn't thought of just taking the arcs off. May give that a try at some point. But, this time around, I'm looking for something with a more old timey cut. Higher rise, wider leg, perhaps a back buckle. Lee or the MOTOR denim are looking pretty good. Tons of options around here, so I'll take my time and do some exploring.

"A List" Customer
    Ishmael, Ooe Yufukuten do some really old timer designs, and I think that they're custom made in various fabrics. I particularly like the Hercules overall.

^^ Graemsay, thanks for the info and link. Hadn't heard of these guys. Looks great. Nice denim and design. And customizable for a reasonable price. Hercules is cool, but definitely looking for something with two rear pockets. These look great.

http://ooeyofukuten.cart.fc2.com/ca14/64/p0-r10-s/

The collaboration between Free & Easy and Can't Bust Em is the best example I've found yet of what I'm looking for. A hybrid of old timey and more modern. Unfortunately no longer available.

http://www.denimbro.com/hdlee-co-rep...c54_page6.html

"A List" Customer
    I'm sure that Ooe Yufukuten would add a second back pocket if you asked, but I think that you're after a trimmer cut.

If you can live with the rear pockets, Tender's Type 129 and Type 130 are slimmer cuts based around old work pants. The silhouette is similar, but the details are a lot simpler.