Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another day, another Bill Kelso Dubow 1755

One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by alec0226 View Post
    Love the look of the collar!
    Very easy to achieve, as many folks on here have done many times.

Here's one I did just last week.

Used Aero with unwieldy stiff collar. Lots of straight lines and a stiff zip:

Here it is an hour or so later, after a little Hot Water treatment, looking alot more relaxed:

My apologies for the poor quality pics

I think that is a very smart looking jacket JustHG, I like the leather color.

Can't see the pics,used to read about hot water treatment, soaked the collar into hot water, and then, what should I do next?
    Last edited by alec0226; 12-03-2012 at 10:37 PM.

One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by alec0226 View Post
    Can't see the pics,used to read about hot water treatment, soaked the collar into hot water, and then, what should I do next?
    I can PM all the details to you if you wish, but you don't appear to have private messaging switched on.

Quote Originally Posted by majormajor View Post
    I can PM all the details to you if you wish, but you don't appear to have private messaging switched on.
    Thanks majormajor,I can see your pics now,with GoAgent,cause in China they block the internet somehow.I think the hot water treatment would help,I'll try it later.I have an A2 made in china,the tag says it's a Rough Wear 18091,and the collar looks quite stiff,maybe I'll put up some pics later.

handguns--thank you for the BK Dubow jacket review. I think your jacket looks outstanding and I think your sleeves look fine. I'm in the market for a 38 myself (I'm same height/weight), so your review helps a lot. How do the armholes feel? What led you to choose the Dubow over the other contracts BK makes?

One of the Regulars Justhandguns's Avatar
    Thanks Rijn, the jacket does look pretty stunning out of the box. Regardless of the suspected treatment issue, this is by far the best looking A-2 that I have owned (I have yet to try Goodwear...). I chose Dubow because of the colour of the hide which I saw somewhere in another forum. Actually, you can call my Dubow the v2.0 jacket because according to BK, they used the newer hide to make my jacket, which I think has a lighter brown than their v1.0 Dubow. The armholes are tight, but as you can see from my pics, I don't have muscular arms or triceps, it does feel a bit tight when I am driving, but I don't feel it cutting into my armpits as of some other owners were complaining. I was looking for a relatively slimmer fit A-2 and BK suggested their new Monarch to me, but I just wanted to give a try for the slightly cheaper Dubow, afterall, I didn't want to risk paying 740euro for a completely new batch of production from a relatively new company.

Much obliged for the info.

How does the leather smell? I have owned two quality HH A-2s--one that smelled wonderful--aromatic but not pungent (but unfortunately was too baggy for my tastes) and one that smelled somewhat putrid.

Another day and next BK A-2 Dubow 1755

Hallo!
    As I wrote I have received new jacket last week. From that time a lot has been written here and great pictures posted too. When I placed the order, Andy offered me to pay a little more for their new horsehide so it is probably made from the HH about which some mebers tolked these days. So I can only write that jacket was without signs of wear. The leather looks realy perfect and Rijn, smels well The armholes are tight but I didn`t feel uncomfortable. I think the wearer will feel uncomfortable if has the jacket bigger than his size realy is. In my BK RW 27752 I feel more comfortable - may be due to the RW has roomier pattern than Dubow. Overall, this Dubow 1755 is a very well made jacket I think (I am not an expert).
    Here are some pictures. The jacket is not for me, I bought it as a Christmas gift for my brother so is a little longer on me (brother is taller).

This is the second jacket I have ordered from BK. I have my RW 27752 in seal brown horsehide for about a year. And I am very satisfied. Just the signs of wear could be better on my jacket. I didn`t wear it as often as I would want . If anybody thinking about BK jacket, I can recommend.

Practically Family
    nice jacket what size ????????