Advertisements
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Another day, another Bill Kelso Dubow 1755

One Too Many

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    That Victory HH is fantastic looking stuff.
    Do it Smithy, if they have it in it is the mut's nuts
    "5 shots couldn't drop me I took it n smiled
    Now I'm back to set the record straight"

Familiar Face
    Hey Justhandguns,

Do you still have the Bill Kelso Dubow? If so, how is it holding up after this long?

Looking at picking one up for myself. The fit on yours is perfect, you mention you downsized to get that fit? So your chest measures 40 but you bought a Dubow 38? Still room to squeeze a thin sweater under it?

I'm a 38 with 30 waist, and tempted to order a 36, but don't want it so tight its like a wetsuit, and then have to send it back/ have to buy another one etc...
    Last edited by MightyEighth; 03-09-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Ask Andy from BK about the sizing. He is very very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyEighth View Post
    Hey Justhandguns,

Do you still have the Bill Kelso Dubow? If so, how is it holding up after this long?

Looking at picking one up for myself. The fit on yours is perfect, you mention you downsized to get that fit? So your chest measures 40 but you bought a Dubow 38? Still room to squeeze a thin sweater under it?

I'm a 38 with 30 waist, and tempted to order a 36, but don't want it so tight its like a wetsuit, and then have to send it back/ have to buy another one etc...
    Well, I am wearing it today in fact. It is holding up extremely well. A bit more creases and character, but still very new I must say.
    This is my 'go to' A-2 these days. Knits are still very robust. And yes, I have 40" chest. But I must say this is really a tight fit.
    Some may find it a bit 'restrictive' when the jacket is new as the leather is quite thick and heavy.

Flash is correct, ask Andy about the measurements, as they are using new Victory HH on the Dubow, so the
    fitting may be slightly different. But if you really want a tight slim fit, what you can do is to go down 1 size, and ask BK to lengthen the sleeve and the body, and then you have a slim A-2.
    Last edited by Justhandguns; 03-12-2014 at 03:37 AM.

Familiar Face
    Thanks handguns, in contact with Andy.

Glad to hear its holding up well and you are making use of it

"Some may find it a bit 'restrictive' when the jacket is new as the leather is quite thick and heavy."

I was curious about the thickness of the BK A-2 HH. I've read that a 3-ounce weight is "correct" as per WWII jackets. LW usually had a slightly heavier weight HH in their A-2's (maybe 3.5 ounces?).

JustHandGuns, what's your opinion as to the weight and overall feel (drape) of the BK leather?
    "We live on an island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far." H.P. Lovecraft

Practically Family
    Quote Originally Posted by thor View Post
    "Some may find it a bit 'restrictive' when the jacket is new as the leather is quite thick and heavy."

I was curious about the thickness of the BK A-2 HH. I've read that a 3-ounce weight is "correct" as per WWII jackets. LW usually had a slightly heavier weight HH in their A-2's (maybe 3.5 ounces?).

JustHandGuns, what's your opinion as to the weight and overall feel (drape) of the BK leather?
    LW's HH are slight heavier, I think it is 3.5 or 4 ounces. And this is the reason many ppl think LW's repro isn't accurate. I believe BK uses 3 ounces.

It's also the way LW Dubow repro A2s are tanned resulting in a quite heavy finish..very high armholes..etc. My first repro A2 was a LW. Quite different than an original and other more accurate repros of original Dubows for sure.
    HD

Practically Family
    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
    It's also the way LW Dubow repro A2s are tanned resulting in a quite heavy finish..very high armholes..etc. My first repro A2 was a LW. Quite different than an original and other more accurate repros of original Dubows for sure.
    HD
    Very true, but I still ordered one from LW. It is very good value when they on sale. And the one I orderd is a second generation one, which produced in 1998 according to Stuart, and I think it is even more inaccurate.