Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Vanson Luftwaffes Officers Great Coat?

Quote Originally Posted by cuthbert View Post
    No experience, but their Pazerjacken intrigue me...

A friend had one of these, surplus Swedish Army.
    Great for posing like Michael Wittman

My Mail is Forwarded Here Sloan1874's Avatar
    First time I've tried posting photos on FL, so hopefully this works. A couple of slightly cack-handed attempts at snapping my coat:

[URL="http://s1336.beta.photobucket.com/user/craig_brown1/media/2012-12-04000215.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3"]http://s1336.beta.photobucket.com/user/craig_brown1/media/2012-12-04000215.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3[/U

http://s1336.beta.photobucket.com/us...rown1/library/RL]

http://s1336.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=1

http://s1336.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=0
    Last edited by Sloan1874; 12-03-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Familiar Face
    Thanks!

The coat looks good on you sloan, but you have to tell me where did you get the bed spread? To die for

Would have loved to see it closed, but I suppose I am being too demanding. You have good taste!

One thing though, I cannot understand why Crombie does not offer the coat in a navy, why just black? Perhaps the slim fitters only like the black, I dont get it...

Familiar Face
    Nice coat sloan. good length and a great fit. I really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    ...were they Luftwaffe that early?). ...
    They were called the "Fliegertruppe" (aviators group) of the "Luftsteitkraefte" (armed air-force) back then. The "Luftwaffe" as part of the "Wehrmacht" originated in 1935, the armed air-forces in Germany are still called the "Luftwaffe" these days, they are part of the "Bundeswehr" now instead of "Wehrmacht (which was dissembled after the capitulation in 1945).
    But back OT. For me it is always kind of between funny and bizarre to see how popular things like "Luftwaffe" and "Panzer" still are in the anglo-saxon culture So many coats and jackets labelled like this, it is quite remarkable! But then, there might be a more uninterupted history of military as part of the daily life and culture. Some guys are even re-enacting militaria, like wearing new A2s with WWII insignia for "bombings" or "kills" on them. Worn by guys who only flown United in their whole life!
    Enough joking...
    Those who assume hypotheses as first principles of their speculations ... may indeed form an ingenious romance, but a romance it will still be. Roger Cotes

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni View Post
    Thanks!

The coat looks good on you sloan, but you have to tell me where did you get the bed spread? To die for

Would have loved to see it closed, but I suppose I am being too demanding. You have good taste!

One thing though, I cannot understand why Crombie does not offer the coat in a navy, why just black? Perhaps the slim fitters only like the black, I dont get it...
    Cheers! If I was going to defend the duvet cover, I'd say it was my girlfriend's, but I quite like it myself so I'll cop to it :-D
    I'll post some more pics with the coat closed and fully buttoned - that was a bit of a test run, just to see if I could actually post them. I wondered about it being only in black too, as you'd think blue would be a popular colour.
    Pretty Green make a similar coat, but it's nowhere near as good quality and several hundred pounds more expensive. And let's not talk about the highly coveted but far too expensive Burberry version. That does come in military colours, but we're talking several thousand pounds for one...

I

"A List" Customer
    Nice coat Sloan.

I suspect that the Crombie coat is at least as well made as the Burberry equivalent. If I wanted to spend more then I'd be speaking to a bespoke tailor...

One thing about London I really like it's you can wear whatever you want and nobody cares. Nobody looks at you.
    It was a very refreshing change from Belfast when I moved here!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Tomaso View Post
    They were called the "Fliegertruppe" (aviators group) of the "Luftsteitkraefte" (armed air-force) back then. The "Luftwaffe" as part of the "Wehrmacht" originated in 1935, the armed air-forces in Germany are still called the "Luftwaffe" these days, they are part of the "Bundeswehr" now instead of "Wehrmacht (which was dissembled after the capitulation in 1945).
    Thanks!

But back OT. For me it is always kind of between funny and bizarre to see how popular things like "Luftwaffe" and "Panzer" still are in the anglo-saxon culture So many coats and jackets labelled like this, it is quite remarkable! But then, there might be a more uninterupted history of military as part of the daily life and culture. Some guys are even re-enacting militaria, like wearing new A2s with WWII insignia for "bombings" or "kills" on them. Worn by guys who only flown United in their whole life!
    Enough joking...
    Heh yeah. I think a lot of times the end justifies the re-enactment. ;-)