Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Lost Worlds Leather Pea Coat

Quote Originally Posted by dmdmorris View Post
    Although I hear the Orangecrush is nice. Your other gear sounds very vintage?
    Yep, everything else is vintage, except for the Pignose. A new skin that looks vintage on a fairly new body that hit the market in 1972.

Seb is just jealous because it is too heavy for him to wear. The genesis is not Russian, but, as far as back as I can go, is German submarine crew. The KBG had an entirely different style.

When you wear this coat, it is important to take on the presence and personality of Jurgen Prochnow.
    Nothing matters much and most things don't matter at all.

One of the Regulars
    Quote Originally Posted by Seb Lucas View Post
    It fits ok and nice jacket, but for my money unless you're a six foot four ex-KGB goon, they never quite fit right. These kinds of jackets are sartorial overstatement.
    So it's not just me you're a board curmudgeon too?

Although I do agree, I could never pull that jacket off, way too much of a statement.

My Mail is Forwarded Here Sloan1874's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacoat View Post
    dmdmorriis: Nice Peacoat. That will be my next purchase.

Word: I am more into the Fender tweeds. I have a 1956 tweed Bassman, a 1957 tweed Fender Champ, a tweed Pignose, an Orangecrush (British practice amp), and an old Gibson amp--maybe 1949? Probably a few more around somewhere. PC.
    I was in a band called Orange Overdrive, named after our bass player's amp. We weren't very good.

dmdmorriis: Nice Peacoat. That will be my next purchase.

Word: I am more into the Fender tweeds. I have a 1956 tweed Bassman, a 1957 tweed Fender Champ, a tweed Pignose, an Orangecrush (British practice amp), and an old Gibson amp--maybe 1949? Probably a few more around somewhere. PC.
    Sorry for taking the thread "off-topic" but man them some sweet amps you mention PC. Me, personally, I've always considered Tweed covered amps "too pretty for work". You know what gigs are like, or used to be like, bumping and grinding, loading and un-loading, spilled beer, the smell of stale cigs. Phew... I love your taste in amps but they'd sit home, like my 1968 Fender Jazz and my '68 Gibson Recording Bass, too dear to risk distruction!

Worf

Quote Originally Posted by dmdmorris View Post
    Worf, good eye. That's my son Jake's. He is 17 and has been playing the bass, both upright and electric for 5 years. He's into Jazz, Soul and RnB. Loves Miles, Ray Brown and Paul Chambers. He has studied with some pretty big bass players: Avery Sharpe among others. You can hear him at www.soundcloud.com/jakemorrismusician

Dave
    I hit the link several times but I can't get in to get the goodness! Arrrgh! I love hearing the "new breed".

Worf

One of the Regulars
    Quote Originally Posted by Worf View Post
    I hit the link several times but I can't get in to get the goodness! Arrrgh! I love hearing the "new breed".

Worf
    Worf,

Try his Facebook page www.facebook.com/jakemorrismusician

Let me know what you think

Thanks,

Dave

One of the Regulars
    Worf,

After the Facebook page loads, you will see his photography and his recordings.

Dave

One of the Regulars
    Worf,

With the soundcloud link, after you hit it, and loads there should be a list (recorded files) of his songs. Sometimes you have to click on a file several times and then wait for it to load and then make sure the play button is selected.

Dave

Call Me a Cab
    Seb is just jealous because it is too heavy for him to wear. The genesis is not Russian, but, as far as back as I can go, is German submarine crew. The KBG had an entirely different style.
    You're right, of course, Peacoat. I was just using hyperbole. As it happens I used to own a dark green jacket just like this that was a German police jacket. I looked silly and got in too many fights thanks to the look. As a weedy bean pole I quickly got rid of it. Our friend here looks far better that I ever did.

Call Me a Cab
    You're right, of course, Peacoat. I was just using hyperbole. As it happens I used to own a dark green jacket just like this that was a German police jacket. I looked silly and got in too many fights thanks to the look. As a weedy bean pole I quickly got rid of it. Our friend here looks far better that I ever did.