My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just go my first Aero....
Interesting feeling. I've been hearing and reading about this company and it's product, for over a year now and finally I get my hands on one. Don't quite know what to feel or what to say, "Dr. Horween I persume?" Well, here's my first impressions. For starters I scored the following:
Aero Long Half Belt, Size 52 in "Tumbled FQHH" off the Aero "Sale Page". Supposedly the collar had to be changed due to a needle scrape and the new one wobbles a bit stitch wise.
In addition to this flaw theres just a cotton drill interior, no alpaca, and I didn't even get a leather pull for my zipper (now I know how necessary those damn things are) which I'll ask Holly for next year sometime.
My observations (pics to follow next week) are as such:
1. I'm mildly allergic to the fumes put out by a fresh Horween HH Aero Product. I had to get my inhaler in order to keep from having a full blown asthma attack.
2. Hide, even after having been "tumbled" is thick and stiff. Yes it stood on it own out of the box.
3. Jacket is beautiful as all hell.
4. I love storm cuffs in the winter.
5. Put the jacket on the back porch last night in order to get the stench out of the house.
6. Pulled it in this morning and it as stiff as a carp. BUT I still wore it to work anywho!!
7. Jacket fits well despite being "off the rack".
8. The "breaking in" process has already begun.
I'll post pics and updates as the days go by.
Looking forward to seeing it in action.
The cotton drill probably makes it usable for that bit longer. I chose not to have alpaca in mine.
Glad to hear that the jacket fits well, and looking forward to fit pics. I'm guessing it's this one.
I'm not a great fan of the Alpaca lining, as I destroy it in a very short order. That's why I got cotton drill in my last jacket.
Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on with the next Aero.
One of the Regulars
Congratulations on your first, wear it in good health .
Congratulations Worf...........good job!
Congrats. Looking forward to seeing the pics
I'll Lock Up
Looks ace. I notice the leather pull is absent in the photo too. I was surprised when I saw how small the zips are - too used to the modern chunky types - so you're absolutely right about needing the pull.
One Too Many
Photos of it on you, my man. That's what we need. Glad it turned out well for you. Frank
You can cut a pull out of anything. Old leather shoelaces, any piece of leather, or if you're picky, ask for a sample of the leather from Aero, or ask a pull made of the same leather. They'll probably send it for free...
Never heard of new horsehide having a stench! I loved the smell of my heavy horse Highwayman when it first came in the house - wonder if they use a different tanning method for the Tumbled hide?
Looking forward to the pics!