Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is a Half-Belt a Good Motorcycle Jacket?

One of the Regulars
    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
    This topic didn't get me bent out of shape...just the tiresome 'What everyone should do/wear' on a MC that seems to always creep in. The concern seems to become an extreme obsession that must take over any thread like this. Gets old.
    Okay, understood.

Out of curiosity, have you owned any of the Hinckley Triumphs? If so did they remind you much of the Meridian Triumphs you started out on?

To keep this somewhat on-topic, does anyone still apply patches to their riding jackets (not referring to gang patches)? I never have, but the classic Triumph patches are amongst my all time favorites.

One of the Regulars
    double-post deleted
    Last edited by ForestForTheTrees; 12-29-2012 at 10:52 AM. Reason: double post deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ForestForTheTrees View Post
    Okay, understood.

Out of curiosity, have you owned any of the Hinckley Triumphs? If so did they remind you much of the Meridian Triumphs you started out on?

To keep this somewhat on-topic, does anyone still apply patches to their riding jackets (not referring to gang patches)? I never have, but the classic Triumph patches are amongst my all time favorites.
    No..I started out on the older Triumphs..'62 and a '68 (haven't ridden a newer model). Kaws for awhile. Several Customs. Then HDs ever since. I have a few patches on a couple denim jackets and a vest. OK for me if not overdone. Triumph offers some nice ones. A friend I ride with owns a Triumph(newer model) and has several Triumph patches on his Denim jacket.
    HD

A good friend of mine at work lets me drive his Steve McQueen Limited Edition Triumph that looks good and is great to ride. The seat is relatively high and is especially user friendly for my long legs, as opposed to say a Harley Sportster that sits lower to the ground. The jacket I am wearing is an old mall jacket that my friend wears and have been trying to talk him into buying a real MC jacket.

My riding jacket is a custom 50's halfbelt from Aero. I don't know what the function of the actual halfbelt is, but as a MC jacket, it's more style than substance. It works fine, but does not come standard with a bi-swing back, which IMHO is more suited to riding. But I love the classic look, it would look great paired with that awesome Triumph. Looks good on my Sportster, too. I do plan to buy a dedicated motor jacket in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ForestForTheTrees View Post
    Okay, understood.

I have actually owned more Triumph's then any other make hands down, almost all Meriden built. Norton comes in at second with 6 or 7. I have two Hinckley's, a 2004 Bonneville and a 2011 Thruxton. Other then the general look, teardrop tank, bench seat, parallel twin, there is really no comparison! Push the button and go, no vibration, no oil leaks, and no Prince Of Darkness! They are heavier, it's so easy to put my 79 Bonnie up on the center stand. I have a drawer full of motorcycle patches.

I had a Bonneville that I rode in 1967-1967 but it was stolen, which probably saved my life. In those days I rode without a helmet. To each his own; but the thought makes me cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanch View Post

What a terrific bike! If I would ever start riding bikes in my life, it would be something like this. What a beauty!
    Those who assume hypotheses as first principles of their speculations ... may indeed form an ingenious romance, but a romance it will still be. Roger Cotes