Page 1 of 77 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies with cigarettes

Call Me a Cab

Ladies with cigarettes

In classic movies, a lady would sometimes be seen with a cigarette hanging about, so with what was considered 'classy' then, is it still viewed as 'classy' or 'sexy' now?

I prefer a lady with a corncob pipe.

Politicians, ugly buildings and whores all get respectable if they last long
    enough.

One of the Regulars InspectorMorse's Avatar
    Hmm... I know it is no longer "politically correct," but if the lady possesses a certain air or perhaps a peculiarly high degree of class I could find it quite attractive.

now...no.
    but in a black and white film a cigarette dangling from the lip is definately sexy. regardless of the smoker's gender.

One Too Many
    Like so many things, it depends on the lady. After all, a Dior dress can look incredible on one lady and unspeakable on another.
    One does not hit the mot juste with a shotgun, but rather with a rapier.

One of the Regulars
    I dont think it looks cool...its just a habit.
    As a disgusting evil smoker myself, I find that I rarely notice anymore if people smoke, unless its some white trash woman driving down the road with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth yelling at her husband in the passenger seat. Then I think to myself... I really really really hope I dont look like that when I smoke.

But then again, I smoke little cigarettes that fit in my vintage cigarette case, not 12 inch Pall Malls. And, I dont chain smoke! (unless I'm nervous)

-Jess

Well, until they come up with a cigarette that doesn't stink nor cause cancer... no.
    "You're dead, son. Get yourself buried."
    --J.J. Hunsecker

The only woman I've ever explicitly thought looked good smoking was Anne Bancroft. Now that she's no longer with us I generally can't think of anyone else... I wonder if Dorothy Dandridge smoked...

L_H
    "I gather that Muriel was naive enough to tell her where I got the scars on my wrists, poor sweet baby."-- Seymour Glass

Practically Family Mr_Misanthropy's Avatar
    This is just a touch off topic, but have you all noticed that it seems like everyone in The Twilight Zone smoked.... except the children (as far as I know). It's funny watching a scene with a doctor or scientist lighting up in the office/lab though. OK, i'm done.
    "Time spent with cats is never wasted."
    - Sigmund Freud

Call Me a Cab
    twilight zone....some cigarette endorsement going on there?
    Interesting that it depends on the lady. I think whether man or women smoking is gross...I hate the smell, which tends to seep into everything. Although, a man smoking a good cigar I find to be sexy and it doesn't smell bad at all.