Advertisements
Page 1 of 968 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for Dinner?

What's for Dinner?

Advertisements
    After reading and participating in the threads about coffee and favorite dishes, and seeing the wonderful tastes you guys have (of course you would or you wouldn't be here right? ) I'm assuming there have to be some foodies at the Lounge so, who does the cooking in your house? And more importantly, what's for dinner? (or lunch, or breakfast?)

I'll start:

Tonight, I'm having Heirloom tomato salad, with goat cheese and crusty bread I made yesterday. For desert, I'll have sliced mango and papaya.

Yum!

That sounds wonderful!

I am *ahem* The Cook at my house.

If I could have a house with a Lacanche or even an Aga, I'd be in high cotton.

Tonight is Caesar Salad with chicken breast. But the fun part is the Indian Pudding I'm going to get started as soon as I get home. Maybe The Durgin-Park recipe will work this time.

A sense of the fundamental decencies is parcelled out unequally at birth. - Fitzgerald

Scandinavia- location, location, location
    A quick one tonite- big, omelette/tortilla style things with pre-fried potato, red peppers, onions, some Swedish cheese(no- not fried cheese- haloumi do you think I am..?) and jalapenos- plain lettuce and tomato on the side-

Desert? yeh right...

Last night was Indian- most nights are indian around here- in some way, at least. A lot of Salmon and new potatoes with dill gets eaten here, chez BT...

Naama- Goat Cheese rules!!!... and sheep feta.

I like stinky blue cheese sandwiched in between 2 salmon steaks and baked in t'oven.

Scott- Aga-Schmaga.... if it's not original equipment, you're better off without it.

B
    T
    Looking with my good ear peeled.

I used to cook a lot more when I was married, but living alone's made me awful lazy. But I haven't given up entirely...

Today for breakfast -- bacon and scrambled eggs, cranberry juice, hot tea

Lunch -- Grilled chicken breast sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and Durkee's Sauce on toasted bun.

Supper -- Lizzie's Famous Macaroni and Cheese, which I shall start preparing in an hour or so (I eat early!). Maybe some of my leftover birthday cake for dessert.

Evening Snack -- Matzo with melted mozzarella.
    Go out and fight so life shouldn't be printed on dollar bills. -- Clifford Odets

I'm the cook 95% of the time. Tonight's dinner was homemade ratatouille with paprika and thyme for seasoning, served with bread. I've got parsnips, carrots, onions, and a bit of cabbage that need used, so tomorrows lunch will be vegetable stew with a bean of some sort thrown in. I'm a big fan of soya beans and chickpeas. Scotrace - I used to have a solid fuel Rayburn (equivalent of an Aga), and we're installing one here next year. They are a nightmare! Totally tempramental. Can be roastie toastie one minute, but as soon as you need that heat for your dinner party extravaganza, it shuts down and refuses to heat up again. Or, it cons you into thinking it's going to cook perfectly, you turn your back, and everything's toast!

Call Me a Cab
    I'm the cook around here. Breakfast and lunch are pretty much the same around here...morning: kids-pancakes and juice, me-coffee....lunch:kids-sandwiches and fruit, me-salad.
    Dinner tonight is going to be tortilini w/ marinara sauce, salad and french bread

Practically Family
    What a cute thread idea!
    I had coffee for breakfast For dinner I think I have to stop off at the greengrocer and get some salad fixings. The main dish will be couscous with white beans and chopped tomato/scallions/etc. I will also bake a molasses cake.

One Too Many

Take-out again.

I can cook. In fact, I can cook really well. I just can't bothered to do it when I'm eating alone.
    One does not hit the mot juste with a shotgun, but rather with a rapier.

Aww, come on Doc. Some of the best meals I've had I've cooked for my alone self. And, with nobody else there you don't need a napkin, you can really make a mess, and you can leave the dishes till whenever! I love me as a dinner date

Call Me a Cab
    True, there's nothing like a good home cooked meal...but for me, it's a HUGE treat to have someone else do the cooking!