Advertisements
Page 315 of 315 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315
Results 3,141 to 3,144 of 3144

Thread: Show us your vintage home!

Familiar Face

Advertisements
    absolutely fantastic. Does it work? If not, it is probably not that hard or expensive to get it wired to work with a modern land line (just fyi, as we recently inquired about having a 1920s phone wired to work with our building's intercom system).
    Unfortunately, it's not compatible with our modern land lines. How much did the transformation on your 1920s phone cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Barman View Post
    Unfortunately, it's not compatible with our modern land lines. How much did the transformation on your 1920s phone cost?
    We priced it but haven't done it yet - we're renovating a 1927 apartment and have 1000 balls in the air, but we will do it - but were quoted $100 - $150 based on what he sees when he gets inside. And that is a NYC price, which is always ridiculously high. Good luck, if you can find a reasonable local electrician, it might be less than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Barman View Post
    Our house isn't really vintage, it's a classic suburbian French house from the mid-60s, but we've been trying to decorate our living room in a kind of "mid-century modern" style, within our tight budget and limited knowledge. Colonial armchairs, bistro chairs, antique chinese furniture, old Moroccan garden table, old French telephone...

I especially like the way you have integrated the ('problematic') stereo with the rest of the interior - looks very nice!

Familiar Face
    Thanks! I'm not done with the stereo yet, though.
    I'm working on hiding the cables.