Advertisements
Page 311 of 311 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311
Results 3,101 to 3,105 of 3105

Thread: Show us your vintage home!

Near the World's Largest Outdoor Insane Asylum

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by sheeplady View Post
    My apologies then.
    Are you in one of those "Warmer than average" colored zones?
    People think they are so rebellious and original, when really they are just banal, boring and dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by jamespowers View Post
    Are you in one of those "Warmer than average" colored zones?
    Nope.

Miss it by probably 100ish miles.
    Progress: Going from being able to "hear a pin drop" to "can you hear me now?"

Nope.

Missed it by probably 100ish miles.
    Darn. Any decent places to move away to there?

http://youtu.be/oPwrodxghrw
    People think they are so rebellious and original, when really they are just banal, boring and dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by jamespowers View Post
    Darn. Any decent places to move away to there?

http://youtu.be/oPwrodxghrw
    I grew up on a sliver of land between the Tug Hill Plateau and the Adirondack Park. Believe me, this IS the decent place to move.

Growing up we had 3 days when it didn't get above -35 and the windchill was supposedly around -50. You know how it hurts you to breathe when it gets really cold? When it gets that cold, the back of your eyeballs hurt. THE BACK part in your head. I grew up on a farm, I spent those three days running between the house and the barn trying not to fall in the snow. Thanks to my father's retelling of how my grandfather's school teacher died in a snowbank from hypothermia after delivering all the kids home on a "much warmer day" I was pretty sure the same fate was a distinct possibilty. it didn't help that everytime before I went out he reminded me "not lose any fingers or toes."
    Progress: Going from being able to "hear a pin drop" to "can you hear me now?"

I grew up on a sliver of land between the Tug Hill Plateau and the Adirondack Park. Believe me, this IS the decent place to move.

Growing up we had 3 days when it didn't get above -35 and the windchill was supposedly around -50. You know how it hurts you to breathe when it gets really cold? When it gets that cold, the back of your eyeballs hurt. THE BACK part in your head. I grew up on a farm, I spent those three days running between the house and the barn trying not to fall in the snow. Thanks to my father's retelling of how my grandfather's school teacher died in a snowbank from hypothermia after delivering all the kids home on a "much warmer day" I was pretty sure the same fate was a distinct possibilty. it didn't help that everytime before I went out he reminded me "not lose any fingers or toes."
    Man, that is COLD!