Advertisements
Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144
Results 1,431 to 1,437 of 1437

Thread: Trench Coat - the 'Ultimate' thread (For anyone who dared wear Rick's coat!)

My Mail is Forwarded Here Bruce Wayne's Avatar
    In the valley below the shining city on a hill, Chesterton, Indiana 46304

Advertisements
    Does anyone know where I could procure 8 trench coat buttons in a khaki or beige colour?

Thanx!!!
    Charlie

Real men don't wear shoes with tassels

Chivalry is not dead as long as one man is willing to respect women.

Founding member: Chicago South Side Mobsters

German 30-50's trenchcoat with raglan sleeves and civilian "Ulster" design (no collar hooks, shoulder straps etc.).

Fawn-sand (no hint of green) gabardine with plaid extra liner.

Last edited by Fastuni; 02-02-2015 at 02:32 PM.

^ wonderful coat - thanks for posting!
    "Do you need more oil, or are you greased up enough, honey?" - Sonny Crockett

I've been following Burberry trenches on ebay for a while now and watched them go for all sort of prices. When one appeared with a buy it now for 25 I jumped on it. It's got a couple of small marks but other than that it's in great condition. The seller thought it was from the 70's but it's a poly/cotton mix so I think it's later. Anyway, I'm happy!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0043_zpsaywjktz1.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	23898
    "wherever I lay my hat, that's my home"

Quote Originally Posted by stratcat
    I've been following Burberry trenches on ebay for a while now and watched them go for all sort of prices. When one appeared with a buy it now for 25 I jumped on it. It's got a couple of small marks but other than that it's in great condition. The seller thought it was from the 70's but it's a poly/cotton mix so I think it's later. Anyway, I'm happy!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0043_zpsaywjktz1.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	23898
    You did extremely well and I'm envious! That coat fits you superbly well - lots of length but trim around the torso. The poly/cotton blend will resist wear and tear longer and will be more weather repellant. That small tab to close the collar might seem less interesting than the classic ones with the buckle and straps, but the tab is a lot easier to use, especially when it suddenly starts raining and you don't have 5 minutes to fuss with the buckles, etc, before getting wet.
    Last edited by Doctor Damage; 02-02-2015 at 04:02 PM.

Yes I'm so lucky, I'd been watching them sell for upwards of 80 for the previous weeks and when I saw it I just went for it! Glad I did as it's a great fit.
    Good advice re the collar tab, I hadn't realised that there is a button to hold it back too to stop it flapping about as well.
    I'm not sure whether to have a go at re-proofing it or to leave it well alone and see how it copes with the best that the north of Englands weather can throw at it! I suppose if it aint broke, don't fix it.
    "wherever I lay my hat, that's my home"

Quote Originally Posted by stratcat
    I'm not sure whether to have a go at re-proofing it or to leave it well alone and see how it copes with the best that the north of Englands weather can throw at it! I suppose if it aint broke, don't fix it.
    That.