Page 719 of 763 FirstFirst ... 219619669709717718719720721729 ... LastLast
Results 7,181 to 7,190 of 7627

Thread: Show us what you've made!

I am curious. How many of you ladies wear just your handmade clothing or at least one piece everyday? How many of your own creations do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by SheBear74 View Post
    I am curious. How many of you ladies wear just your handmade clothing or at least one piece everyday? How many of your own creations do you have?
    I have a closetful of dresses and skirts I have made, a few tops, and a couple jackets. I go through phases of wearing my homesewn things, and usually wear the dresses in the summer, when its cold here I'm not so motivated.
    Colleen
    Amina calls me Grammie.

I wear mine everyday. The only time I wear RTW is when I'm cleaning/gardening, ect. Even with my handmade t shirts, I can't stand the thought of my handmade garments getting wrecked.
    pictures of perfection, as you know, make me sick and wicked- Jane Austen

http://newvintage.wordpress.com/

I only have a few handmade creations (working on that- I made 5 skirts last year, working on a few boleros, dresses, and suits this year) but I've decided that I am going to concentrate more on things I get the most wear out of. I used to only make very fancy dresses (think weddings and historical outfits) but I've realized that I can't show them off, because I don't wear them that often.

I've also realized that my handmade stuff is at least as good in quality as the stuff you buy, if not better. It's tough enough to take daily wear.
    Progress: Going from being able to "hear a pin drop" to "can you hear me now?"

Kamikat, I figured you wore your clothes often. You've made so many wonderful pieces.

Ok I think I need to hide this pattern from myself. So far I have made two pairs of jeans and four pairs of shorts. I made these two shorts today and added a little embroidery to the jeans last night. I just did the large cherries not the small ones.

Kamikat, I figured you wore your clothes often. You've made so many wonderful pieces.

Ok I think I need to hide this pattern from myself. So far I have made two pairs of jeans and four pairs of shorts. I made these two shorts today and added a little embroidery to the jeans last night. I just did the large cherries not the small ones.

That is a really cute pattern. Is it vintage? Love the cherries!!
    "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent" Eleanor Roosevelt

I made a duvet cover and pillow shams for our guest bedroom this week. I wasn't a fan of my old one so here is what I made

close up

the back side

and the back of the shams
    "After all, a girl is - well, a girl. It's nice to be told you're successful at it.
    ~ Rita Hayworth

Quote Originally Posted by Lorelai99 View Post
    That is a really cute pattern. Is it vintage? Love the cherries!!
    Not vintage, I found the denim fabric with cherries on it at Joann's. I went back to get more but it was gone

One of the Regulars newtovintage's Avatar
    Not vintage, I found the denim fabric with cherries on it at Joann's. I went back to get more but it was gone
    What pattern did you use for the slacks & shorts?

Sarah Grace

They are Simplicity 2654 I stitched down the pleats, added the buttons and piping.