Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Über kool 13 Rebels motorcycle club sweater

Metatron

One Too Many
So I came across this article about the 13 Rebels, the motorcycle club which inspired The Wild One in a blog about general rebelliousness, and found this cool sweater:

13_rebels_sweater_back1.jpg

13_rebels_sweater_front.jpg

http://theselvedgeyard.wordpress.com/2009/06/10/13-rebels-mc-wild-motorcycle-gang/

Anyone that thinks old fashioned=square doesn't know what he's talking about! What's with that crazy avant garde waistband, and more importantly where can I find one??

It just looks like it would be extremely flattering

I've even got a logo design idea for the front.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Very cool. Those super long cuffs and waistband are intended to be folded back over on themselves. There a a few companies that make reproduction motorcycle club sweaters these days. Liberty Motor Wear makes the most authentic ones I've seen, but their color selection is limited, My Baby Jo does some pretty cool ones too. There's a third company making reproductions, but I can't remember their name of the top of my head.

As an interesting aside, the 13 Rebels MC are still an active organization.

Edward

Bartender
Very cool sweater. I thought it was the Boozefighters that were involved in the Hollister incident, though, on which The Wild One is largely based.

Metatron

One Too Many
According to the site the movie shows a fictionalized rivalry between the two clubs, the leader of the Boozefighters being an ex-member of the 13s.

Hey Gutter, thanks for the links-pricey! I suppose it's partly the quality, partly the concept of a vintage biker sweater and the specialized clientele they expect.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
It's very cool how many companies are making really quality motorcycle sweaters these days. If only there were as many options for high quality riding caps, because the ones sold by My Baby Jo and Wild Records are really schlocky

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender

Edward

Bartender
http://www.deluxe-jersey.com/the-shop
Maybe more affordable for some of us here.

Cool, I'll heck that out. At that price they're still o the expensive side, but a lot more realistic than some of the options. Definitely worth checking out into the new year. The custom option is tempting....

Much cheaper than a lot of the competition too. If they do 'em in other colours I'd be tempted - I'm particularly keeping an eye out for one in a mid green body with a russet leather peak: a civilian equivalent of a USAAF crusher cap, in effect. Love my Brando cap, ut just a little too self concious to wear it outside of obvious costume contexts....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points