Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’: 30 years later, a stunt man's memories

Corky

Practically Family
‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’: 30 years later,

a stunt man’s memories

vic-harrison.jpg

Next month marks the 30th anniversary of “Raiders of the Lost Ark” and we’ll be looking back on that sparkling film with special features. Monday, an exclusive excerpt from “The True Adventures of the World’s Greatest Stuntman,” the just-published memoir by Vic Armstrong, the stunt coordinator and stunt double who Martin Scorsese has called “a legend in the film world.” Armstrong has portrayed James Bond, Superman and Flash Gordon – at least when the action was underway — but his signature screen success came while wearing a fedora in three Indiana Jones films. In this excerpt from the new Titan Books hardcover, Armstrong writes about working with Harrison Ford and Steven Spielberg and offers an account of one scene (where Indiana Jones shoots a swordsman) that differs a bit from widely reported versions that credit Ford with a memorable moment of improvisation.

lastcrusade.jpg

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/05/23/raiders-of-the-lost-ark-30-years-later-a-stuntmans-on-the-set-diary/

djd

Practically Family
Although I found the book interesting at times , it deal feel a little vague and scetchy like it had been dashed off over a couple of weeks. Armstrong's recollections seem a little dubious in places too. Whilst discussing raiders he talks about the 'door' on Jocks plane being left open. Jocks plane is an open cockpit job - door? I don't know, I was just expecting more I guess. It read like a football players autobiography or something of the sort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points