Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

“The Man Who Would Be King” Leather Vest, fits 46 to 50 chest

Corky

Practically Family
“The Man Who Would Be King” Leather Vest, fits 46 to 50 chest

Okay, this is the one we call “The Man Who Would Be King” leather vest.

Leather-Vest1.jpg

Leather-Vest2.jpg

I couldn’t find a photo of Sean Connery or Michael Caine wearing similar brown leather vests in John Huston’s “The Man Who Would Be King”. But if you’re a fan of the film, you will see the resemblance. Although this vest may not be exactly screen-accurate, think of it as a modern update, with enough of the feel of the original vest to heed the call of any adventure.

It’s a medium brown cow or steer hide leather vest, with lots of pockets. The leather is soft and supple and the zippers all work, but the leather could probably use an application of pecard’s or some other leather treatment. I wear a 46 suit and a size 50 ANJ-3 flight jacket, but the size XXL was too tight in the shoulders in this vest, so I got a size XXXL and took it in at the hips with a gusset laced with rawhide. So my guess is that it fits about a 46 to a 50 chest and maybe a 40 or 42 waist.

10 exterior pockets and 2 small interior pockets, two “D” rings under chest pockets, and one “D” ring on back of collar.

Label reads: Size XXXL (but the waist is taken in on each side (see the detail in the photo), “FIRST”, Genuine Leather, Made in Pakistan (Probably near the exact spot where Daniel Dravett & Peachy Carnehan acquired their vests befor heading off to Kaffiristan).

Approximate shipping cost is $15.00

The Price we agree to does not include shipping by Priority US Mail or UPS Ground. I assume you will pay shipping cost.

Please communicate with me by Personal Message.

Approximate shipping cost is stated. Will refund if it costs less to ship.

All items sold as is and are described to the best of my ability.

Make me an offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk