Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1920's Light Grey pinstripe 3 button 3 piece peak lapel suit

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Hopefully nothing that can't be amended by an invisible weaver. I'll take pictures when I have it.

I really ike the cutting scheme used for the rear waistband area. Very cool. That pocket is distinctly European …

4274b.jpg

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Nice suit - congrats.
As to the origin, note the large flapped fob pocket, pockets in pant seams and lack of extender tabs. IMO British tailoring.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Thanks everybody. A perfect business suit for everyday wear in my practice.

Fastuni, I agree the large fob pocket shouts British made. I have never seen a German suit with one of those large pockets. Have you? I found german trousers without rabbit ears. I agree on the pockets on side seam observation, though.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Never seen German trousers with these large flapped fob pockets either. Only on British and Scandinavian ones.
As to the lacking tabs and pockets in the seams, they are of course just hints, but taken together with the fob pocket they point to the island.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Maybe it's Scandinavian. Or Irish. :)

I thought it was 30s, but not sure to what end. What is your guess?

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
the pocket flap shape says German, as does the straight rear trouser yoke (you'd expect a higher back, and exterior brace buttons if it was Brit).

i'm going for German circa 1938, BUT it could be French, Italian, Scandinavian, Finnish etc.

hope it has some more info inside !

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
We'll see when I have it. I am inclined to say it is not German. Too many features that would be very uncommon for German trousers.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
@hbk
the pocket flap shape says German

Do you mean the rear pocket flap or the front fob pocket flap?

I have never seen such a large fob pocket flap on German suits (personally or on photos) - I would be quite interested in seeing evidence of that.

Agree about the 1930's date.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Fastuni,

i'm talking about the scalloped shape of both front and back flaps. the shape rather than the width.

i agree that the front one looks very wide for a German fob, that's why i'm hedging my bets and including any other Euro country except UK. ;)

It has an odd mixture of distinctly European features. The rear seat pocket flap is very German in shape. The front fob pocket is distinctly British, I agree. the exterior of the jacket could be anywhere, but probably European (I include British in European). The buttons on the jacket and waistcoat are very utility (cheap) British. Not horn, don't look right for corozo, probably cheap plastic.

the interior of the jacket should tell us whether it's British or Continental.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points