Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930's lot: 3-piece SB suit, overcoat, all dated 1936

Mario

I'll Lock Up
What's really driving me nuts is that darned length to waist ratio on vintage pants. My upper half (well, kind of) does pretty well but my legs are too long. Think I'll jump from some high-rise building a number of times, legs ahead. Might eventually help...

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Actually not. After the wall finally came down they started to scout (east) Berlin and the surrounding areas, going to estate and garage sales, rummaging through attics and boxes full of stuff from apartment clearances. They collected from 1990 to 2002 and started selling their stuff in 2010.

As an addendum to what I said above:

They really seem to know their stuff. While I was going through the suits they could even recollect a few stories attached to some of them. As one of them put it: "You know it's funny, we put all that stuff in storage so long ago and now when I see some of those suits again it's like meeting an old friend."

They also told me with a certain disgust - and this is a reference to that old German suit I posted here some days ago - that some people actually come to look exclusively for stuff with the ADEFA tag, and more often than not they actually come from...have a guess...Nuremberg! Go figure...

According to my friend the dealer (of vintage) most of the rag traders in Central Europe have a minumum spend of at least €2,500

I'm hopeful, as I say, to get on a jaunt to work for him for free and pick up stuff for myself at "source" price. He's a bit cool on the idea (less profit for him) but I'm working on him!!

bk

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Oops...no! I somehow missed that post, sorry.

Hmmm...don't you think it's a gamble? You'll never know what you'll get and might end up with lots of stuff on your hands you have no use for. I'll have to look into it some more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana