Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930s SB 3-Button Odd Jacket With Flecks and Patch Pockets Sz. 38

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
For US jackets, I also prefer the (not too low-set) 2 button configuration of the 1930's.

Here some (German) examples of a 3 button SB configuration that I consider well placed.
While Euro-jackets with farther distanced buttons exist. I think these here are the rule (judging from what I have seen in real, on photos and illustrations).
Compare it to the US jacket of this thread, where the top button is close to the middle of the breast pocket, thus making the lapel quite short.

SAM_3427.jpg

SAM_4126.jpg

2-2.jpg

1-7.jpg

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Nope. I am wearing it with grey flannels and a maroon waistcoat. No, I don't have pics. The black is difficult to photograph.

You guys would probably tell me it's early 60s anyway. ;)

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Fastuni, the black stroller jacket I wear has a much higher button stance with significantly shorter lapels. I quite like it. I never thought I would like wearing a black jacket, but this one works for me.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Fastuni, yes, those are all decent spaced 3 buttons. the type of British 3 button that (for me) looks a bit odd is this on the left:

ScreenShot2013-11-05at181705_zps7e1790ec.png

i still have a fondness for these jackets as they're pretty much the standard Burtons peaked lapel cut, but the lapels always look a bit too short to me.

(the one on the right is American).

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Yes, agreed on all counts. The brown jacket screams to be worn on the middle button - provided that the lapels roll down well (not always the case with "average" British suits).

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Either a lightweight wool or some cotton-wool blend fabric. Soft and not overly wrinkly... so unlikely that there is linen.

Here a close-up (apricot-white micro-check with navy sprinkles):

SAM_3428.jpg

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
On the subject of 2 buttons and low stances. I only like the low 2 button look on big lapeled bold look suits from 1945-1950. I can't stand the small/medium sized lapels with the low stance of the '50s and beyond. Here's an example I have. I think the size of the lapels make up for the lack of fabric in the center.

CIMG5616_zps6da5a14f.jpg

When it come to double breasteds, I only like the bold ones when they have four buttons. 6 is just overkill when the bottom 4 are practically sitting at the hem of the jacket.

CIMG0856.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points