Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930's Wardrobe basics

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I love this thread! Some of you knowledgeable ladies should start a thread that goes more specific into the 30's, like for different years, say 1936, or more specific periods in the 30's (however they should be grouped).

This thread may be too broad, because so much happened in the 30's, and there is a huge difference between early 30's and late 30's. I don't know enough about it myself to start a thread, but this is a heads up for anyone who might be able to do so. :)

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Looking through the Everyday Fashions of the Thirties (Sears), I noticed that there are no shoes with a wedge - only heels and flats.

Were wedges not worn in the 30's? I know they were popular in the 40's, but were they not worn before that? When did they come into fashion, and when they came out, was it only appropriate to wear them to the beach, or could you wear them as a regular day-shoe as well? Did they only exist as sandals?

laurakitty

Familiar Face
This thread might be old but it is by far the most inspiring to me- I just wish there were more images on it! Have you ladies found anything lately you could add to this thread?

Shirin

A-List Customer
Ladies' shoes illustrated in a sale catalogue issued by Pettigrew & Stephens in January 1933.
TGSA00750.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points