Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940's Caput Captoe's..pitches please!

1on1

One of the Regulars
uc
uc

uc

uc

heyhey-

I'm quietly nursing the sad realization that apparently time has caught up with these beautiful pair of original 1940's German captoes- they are my most treasured when it comes to period captoe boots. Anyway while I've had them in my possession I had stored it away and actually forgot about them until very recently when I was cleaning house. I took em out for a spin on a weekend and realized to my dismay( no I did not realize this when I found them..in a small village near the swiss border) that they S-Q-U-E-E-K massively. Basically they squeek around where you bend your toes when you walk..so right around the captoe line. At first I thought it was the outer leather and so upon the advise of my shoe guy, bought saddle soap/conditioner and applied as usual. Slapped em on two days later and the squeeking is still there..sigh!

Enter second shoe guy- he suggests that its the shank and that it has either separated or is loose from the main sole of the shoe..what is ironic is this pair is among the "minty-est" ive ever owned. They really are in fantastic shape in and out...So naturally I asked him if he would consider doing repairs and says he "wouldn't go there" meaning its too big of a job for him.

The squeak is really too loud and obvious so suggestions to wear it as-is, really wont work.

Anyone been faced with this before ? Any advice? solutions? shoulder to cry on ??

till soon
1on1
PS is stitching them down a possibility? I also forgot to mention that I initially thought it was the loose leather tounge that was causing this so I hurriedly glued them in place, sadly, that was not the issue so I removed them to take photos of the interior as seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk