Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940s shoes

Erta21

New in Town
I was wondering if you girls know of a store {location} or place in the internet where i can find shoes? Any of you ladies who live in Los, Angeles know of Vintage stores here in LA? I don't know but for some reason a girl never gets enough of shoes is like a thing that a girl needs to have is it? I love shopping and I know you ladies are with me on this one, but shoes are a must on my list.

P.S ~ I wonder if the guys have something in common with us the ladies such as the shoes and if so I'm wondering what is it?

Erta

Shorty

New in Town
I've bought great 1940's shoes from Ebay.
Ofcourse there's always a risk with the size but usually sellers have measured the shoes from heel to toe so you can compare that measurement to your own shoes.
Sizes are little bit different here in Europe so I've got to be really careful when i buy shoes from United States.

Just bought a great pair of 40's two tone sandals, hope they'll fit.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I agree with Shorty. EBay is a girl's best friend. I have bought two pairs of 40's shoes, one pair of pumps, one pair of casual lace ups. Both fit perfectly. The best thing to do is measure your favorite pair of shoes and go by that measurment, rather than shoe size.

kamikat

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I haven't been here in a while, and I remember they were pricey, but definately good for your dose of eye candy. You may want to call first to ask about shoes:

Golyester, 136 S. La Brea, Los Angeles, (323) 931-1339

And I've heard good things about this place too, but never made it myself:

Re-Mix (dead stock shoes), 7605 ½ Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, (323) 936-6210

I'd love to hear about it if you go!

Lauren

Wild Root

Gone Home
Yes, most guys here like shoes too! There have been threads about two tones men’s wingtips.

I have a few good pairs of original shoes from the 30’s to the early 50’s. It’s hard to find them in my size (12 D) but, I manage some how.

Re-Mix is a good start! A few years ago, they had many NOS ( New Old Stock) Shoes. I have heard as of late, that their stock has pretty much dried up. I never see Re-Mix sell at the Vintage Expos and wonder if they are doing ok. I know they started to reproduce wedgies and also men’s two tone wing tips which have a double sole for some reason. It’s weird! Erta, I know that you can’t shop ebay right now, but that’s your best bet! I have a friend that has so many vintage shoes it’s crazy! Most of them are from eBay!

But, there still are a few vintage shops in LA. Try Julian’s vintage clothing. He is really good for the ladies side of fashion. I’m not sure where his new store is, but call 411 and I’m sure you’ll get the number. I think he’s around the Farmers Market area near Fair Fax.

Any way, good luck to you ladies in your pursuits in vintage clothes and accessories!

Root.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points