Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940s stag films

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
As I think you know, I'm a film nut...the more long-lost the film the better. I thought you'd might like this cute, little short....i guess it could be considered a period 'stag' film from the 1940s. I assure you...it's very tame, very silly, it's got a great soundtrack and I think you'll enjoy it. The 'story' is about two ladies and their broken down car and what they have to resort to get someone to stop and help them. I woke my dog up I laughed so hard watching it. {snip}

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
I'd think of this as a private collector's film. Possibly one in a collection of some well-off Hollywood producer to show off when the guys come over for some drinks and cigars. From what I understand this would have been one of the 'tamer' films that was going around in private collections back then :eek:

Dr. Shocker

One of the Regulars
Like many of you younger guys old movies really helped influence your interest in vintage attire.....but watching a friends dad's and grandfathers stag films and blue movies as a boy reallly got me going branching my interest into pin-up and burlesque.....alot of these movies are now poping up on ebay and in antique stores.....you can also check out somthing weird videos for some great stuff (and really bizzar stuff as well)..........If you type in burlesque in the above links search you'll fine a great selection of some really old goodies....

Michaelson

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
The car over the women I mean. ;) :p Gee, it is worse than I thought. :p

Regards to all,

J
:coffee: Could be, J, could be...uh, what were we talking about again? [huh] ;) High regards. Michaelson

Canadave

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
I had a problem too at first so I just reinstalled the dang thing and it works fine now. Go figure. :p

Still not working. Did you uninstall the whole thing, then reinstall? Did you reinstall from a disk or from the web site?

I'm very curious now!

David

Canadave said:
Still not working. Did you uninstall the whole thing, then reinstall? Did you reinstall from a disk or from the web site?

I'm very curious now!

David

I just installed the new copy over the old one. My old one had some components missing or at least that was the message I was getting. :p
The free one works fine. I downloaded it from their website.

Regards to all,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points