Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1950's German (probably Teichert) brown leather trench coat

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Amazing, true vintage leather men's trench coat in dark brown. I believe the maker to be Teichert, a german company. The style dates to the WWII era, but whether it is pre or postwar, I cannot be certain, as the tag is missing from the inside of the jacket, but I found photos of an identical jacket with the tag, and that is how I could ID it.

The color is a very dark brown, like a seal brown. The first two pictures look lighter than in natural light; the later photos are more color accurate.

s-l1600[1].jpg
s-l1600[1].jpg
s-l1600[1].jpg
s-l1600[1].jpg
s-l1600[1].jpg
s-l1600[1].jpg
s-l1600[1].jpg
s-l1600[1].jpg

The leather is quite heavy, and almost certainly cowhide or horsehide. Overall the jacket weighs over 8 lbs. The leather is in great shape, still a bit stiff in fact, and does not appear to be very broken in or worn much. No bad odors, only a very faint leather scent. Lining is intact, and appears to be satin or rayon, and there is a removable synthetic brown imitation wool shearling lining to provide some warmth.

The only flaw I do find with it is one of the snaps for the removable lining is missing, up near the right side of the collar. This is very minor and will not be noticed by the wearer.

I do not find any manufacturer's tag or label in the jacket or in the lining, and the only tag of any kind that I find on the jacket is a small tag in the seam of the wearer's left armpit that says "27" which might be a size tag. There is an inside pocket, zippered, and the zipper pull says "ULTRA". Inside the pocket, stamped into the leather, is the number: OR 747 2 63.

Measurements:

Length from base of collar to hem: approximately 45-47 inches.
Pit to pit measurement: 23-24 inches.
Sleeve from top of shoulder seam to cuff: 25-26 inches.

I am 5' 10" 170 lbs and wear a 42-44R jacket, and find that this coat fits very well. I believe it will fit someone about my size, to possibly a little taller, probably up to 6'0"-6'1" depending on your torso length and arm length.

Terms: $350 USD

Payment: I can accept a money order by certified mail at 100% of agreed price, or PayPal. +3% if using PayPal unless you're using the fee-free friend/family transfer option.

Shipping: $20 per item to CONUS; I will consider international shipping to certain countries, but ask first so I can quote a rate.

Trades: I'm primarily interested in cash, but I may consider trading for similar quality/value jackets in excellent condition. Aero, Vanson, Langlitz, Natal/Natel, Cal Leather, Thedi preferred. I am especially interested in Aero Wayfarer, Langlitz Cascade, and Vanson Arrow models. Send photos and the usual measurements with all trade offers.

If you need additional photos, measurements, or questions answered, just ask. Shoot me an offer if you want, but nothing lowball please. I will not be lowering my asking prices, but will consider a reasonable offer.

Last edited:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Looks like a regular Colonel Klink coat to me! haha Actually it is a super nice leather. Best wishes for you to sell for what you want.

addison

One of the Regulars
I'll meet you at 0200 near the entrance of Kaiser Wilhelm Gedächtniskirche. Wear the coat. Come alone and tell no one.
You will know it is me because I will ask for a light, and I will have Chesterfields.
I will have the microfilm.
:)

Last edited:

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I'll meet you at 0200 near the entrance of Kaiser Wilhelm Gedächtniskirche. Wear the coat. Come alone and tell no one.
You will know it is me because I will ask for a light, and I will have Chesterfields.
I will have the microfilm.
:)
That, and the money, and you can have the coat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto