Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1965 Ford Mustang station wagon

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Oddly enough this might have worked, kind of the Nomad idea.
I have to admit this is really nicely done.
I'll ask my wife for $59K, but I don't think she'll loan it to me. LOL

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Interesting that the article calls it a shooting brake. I accidentally stumbled upon that term a few years ago. My understanding of it is this. An American woody station wagon has wood starting on the front door. A British shooting brake, designed to hold hunting dogs in the back section, has wood only from the rear doors back. I saw a couple of really cool Rolls Royce shooting brakes on some web site or other years ago. Very cool to see a Rolls woody.
BTW, I think Senator Jack needs to add this to his 65 Mustang stable.

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here are some Corvette station wagons.

wagonMillerleftrear.jpg

2006BJCCA2_1248_1_Spc.jpg

Here is a Ferrari stataion wagon pics.

80170d1191612211-ferrari-station-wagon-blk-vette.jpg

I can decide if I love that Mustang or hate it. I'll admit to a fondness for the station-wagon version of the Volvo P1800. On the other hand, I never could get into the GT version of the MGB. I just looked "off" to me -- tail heavy, or something.

I still kick myself over selling that early-'60s Falcon two-door wagon I had back in the mid-'70s. Come to think of it, there's a few others I regret ever parting with. I imagine that most of those cars were long ago melted down and turned into new Toyotas.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
I was really prepared to hate that Mustang, but it's really nicely done. Way better than the Volvo P1800 wagon - that thing was hideous.

Still, when it comes to hardtop station wagons, I don't think anybody beat the Olds Super 88 Fiesta or Buick Century Caballero:

CaballeroSW1.jpg

-Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points