Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

'30's tropical Shirt????

Mike1973

A-List Customer
Going through some old shirts recently I found this -

oddshirt001.jpg

Can't remember exactly where I got it from now, it was a few years ago, but it was very unloved and needed saving.

oddshirt002.jpg

I just wish it was decent size, it's tiny! And what a fantastic shape collar:eusa_doh: Been folded up in the wardrobe since I found it. (hence the creases...)
Just shy of 17" across the shoulders, 22" down the arm, 28" down the back. Maybe a boys shirt??

oddshirt010.jpg

Anyone have any ideas what it is? It has several faded markings on it, the only clear ones are inside one of the breast pockets. The khaki material is extremely thin, and the buttons are pressed fibre (?) painted olive. I've seen similar on Indian made wartime British Army tropical kit.

So I'm guessing made out in the far east somewhen in the '30's? Doesn't look hardwearing enough to be military issue though?

Any loungers got any ideas?

Mike1973

A-List Customer
Baron Kurtz said:
Not a clue here. It's pullover style, right (el buttons don't go all the way down?)? Can we see some pocket details. They look great. Are they pleated below the button?

cheers,

bk

Pockets are pleated, that as well as the epaulettes makes it look military...

And yes it's a pullover shirt, which with the collar shape makes me think definately pre-war.

Maybe a very small officers shirt, locally made while he was serving out in the Far East, policing the Empire?

I wish I could make out the words inside the round stamp...

Think I've got it! T E X M A R K, and then it says the same virtically, with the words crossing at the X.

Never heard of TEXMARK though:eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk