Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

40s on 4 XM

Fibber Mcgee

New in Town
I know there are some comments on another thread but I thought it would get more attention if I started a new thread.they have replaced the 40's Channel with the Billy Joel Channel and I know its just temporary but I don't understand why they didn't do it on another channel. I thought if we get as many people as possible from here to call up and complain maybe we can get it changed.I've already called twice and I'm going to call back again today as the ladies solution at customer service was that I need to try listening to different types of music or I could pay extra to get the internet radio version. The first guy I spoke to said it was on the 40s channel because Billy Joel's music is mainly 40's music

slc

Familiar Face
I was listening to 40s-on-4 on the way home from work when they switched it over to Billy Joel. I was stunned. I had seen the email from them about the BJ channel but I paid no attention; it never occurred to me they would pre-empt my favorite channel. I thought it was interesting the very first BJ song they played on this new channel was "Captain Jack", a song about a loser masturbating with a magazine. I felt like Sirius was telling me, "f***-off, loser." Maybe I'm too sensitive. I cancelled my subscription that very night.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
To add to the rant, I know how you feel. It happened to me on my days off. I get in my car to head out and run some errands. I turn on the radio and hit the preset button for 40’s on 4 and hear Billy Joel singing We Didn’t Start the Fire. While it is an interesting song it was not what I was expecting to hear. At first I thought I hit the wrong button and ended up on the 80’s on 8. So I hit the preset button again and there is Mr. Joel still singing about history. I glance at the display and yes it is showing 40’s on 4. I am thinking Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is going on….is my radio broken or messed up. I guess I should read the e-mails Sirus sends out, but they should never mess with that channel too. I mean there are several other channels that they can hijack that are more appropriate for Billy Joel and leave the 40’s alone. Just my 2 cents.

Regards

Kirk H.

Fibber Mcgee

New in Town
We have to send emails, I was told to complain you have to go to there site and post a complaint by email where it says contact us. I also heard somewhere that when one person takes the time to complain the company sees that as 1000 people that feel the same but didn't complain. So it could help.

appy

Familiar Face
There simply are no words to express how angry I am about the temporary replacement of my favorite station. NONE.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
There's quite a rumpus going on at the Sirius XM facebook page. People who are fed up with the disrespect shown to the "40s on 4" audience by this programming change are strongly encouraged to post there. The more paying customers who speak up the more likely it is somebody will pay attention.

Fibber Mcgee

New in Town
We are still going over on SiriusXm's Facebook page. Yesterday Bette Midler tweeted that she was upset by Siriusxm ta kino 40s on 4 off.

Steven180

One of the Regulars
I also provided 'feedback' to Sirius/XM last Monday and was actually happy with the fast response and cited date for the return of some tunes...

Good news,
M.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I clicked over to 4 the other day, and it's back.
Since this isn't really the place, I won't go on my rant about having a special channel dedicated to an artist, yet continuing to play them on other channels, especially if it's someone I don't care for. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ